• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duck hunting?

Hey guys. I'm heading up to Nisswa on Friday after Turkey day, and was wondering if I am going to need to bring and dekes or guns along. Or should I pack the ice fishing gear? Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone is looking for a partner to put the smack down on some greenheads, let me know. I'm not willing to pack the dekes away until the season is over. Thanks, Paul

Anyone? Is there any open water up there? Is there any birds up there? If you don't want to post it here, but would still like to help me out, you can email me. [email protected]

I'm not looking for any honey holes. I heard that there has been a lot of action along hole in the day bay. Any big greenheads working there. grin.gifgrin.gif

I live by the gull river. All the small ponds are locked up solid. The Gull river has been producing some birds, but the big flocks are sparse. If I were you I would look towards the big waters(gull,north long)Can't over look the Mississippi River.

Good Luck, I cleaned the gun and are working on the fish house right now!!!

Gull is open, why not go set-up at Grassy Point? As you know timing is almost everything and with the cold coming in maybe it will be perfect!!

Walleyedan

Thanks for the info guys. Is grassy point the big point to the North of hole in the day bay with all the bouys around it? I just got to get out and fire the gun some more.

Grassy is the big point on the NW side of the lake. There were quite a few mallards hanging around hole in the day bay this afternoon.

Jason Erlandson

I saw them too, Jason. It almost looked like the type that live off of popcorn rather than field corn the way they were tucked up in between all the cabins, huh...

Maybe they will taste better. Afterall, I was just watching FOX news and they were saying that on the first Thanksgiving back in 1621 they had venison and wildfowl, who knows where that Gobbler came from anyway. Should be a good duck hunting weekend with all the wind and cold.

Good luck if you go, I'm going rooster hunting.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Walleyedan

Good luck Walleye Dan. My lab just had 8 puppies Sunday. They're awesome. So my shotgun has been officially put away. Let me know how ya do?

Jason, shouldn't you be in South Dakota soon shoooting roosters. I can't wait to here stories!

We'll be heading to the Dakotas next week for one last shot at some roosters. Boy Hop those Birds down there in Brooten don't stand a chance with all those pups. Then I'll be out checking for some early ice somewhere. Happy Thanksgiving to Dan, Hop, and everyone and your families.

Jason Erlandson

Well, I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should throw the ice auger in the truck, or the shotgun. Things look pretty cold up there tonight and tom. What's the word on open water up there right now?

The pups were born a week ago last Sunday. Black lab puppies are the greatest. We had 8 of them. 5 males and 3 females.

Fun stuff....