• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alamagnet

Troublehook

any 1 fish it? i know its a small lake but its close to my house, and i might bike down to the park on the east (i think) side of the lake because there is a small opening where i might be able to toss a line in when my dad cant take me and the boat to a bigger lake. i think it might be called sunset park, or something to do w/ sun.

• 2 weeks later...

try to find a lake map on the dnr site. it has sunny and

crappie. it's known to freeze out but hasn't in the last

few years. good places to fish all around the pond. during

later ice fish the deep hole, other wise you can shore

fish almost all of the lake but the north end. later Dogg

Hi, I keep a kayak in the City rack on the West side of the lake...and I often fish it when I have a little time to kill and don't feel like taking the Skeeter out.

There are a ton of very small panfish in the lake, very high numbers of bullheads. Also some northerns & bass in the obvious spots. But the lake is very shallow, very weedy so not too easy to fish from shore. And it has been hit with winter kill a couple times in recent years. It might be interesting to drill a hole or two in the ice this winter in the main lake basin...I haven't tried that yet, but may give it a shot this year. Access isn't great, so plan on wrestling auger & gear down a steep path.

Hi, I fished the lake when I was younger. My buddy and I would take his duck boat and fish the lake. There are some nice pike and Bass in the lake . My biggest pike was a 36". Biggest bass was a 19". We would use spinnerbaits. I know some people catch nice crappies in Alamagnet in the spring.

Good luck!!!

Brian

Thanks for the replies, all. It's a few miles from my house & I will indeed by be wrestling my gear down to the lake at some point in the next few weeks!

Well the park that i was going to fish happens to be on the north end (Sunset park). i was planning on fishing there because it was the closest to my house. is it worth my effort to bike down to alimagnet park instead, and find a spot to fish there?