• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What happened to the original pic? Is this the same fish? It looked much bigger with the first pic.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok what's the deal here. First there is a monster fish pictured.........that was removed and replaced with a smaller one.........now I see a cover story in an up north paper about it challenging the state record?

What gives?

That's better grin.gif

Let me just say that I read the article in the Timberjay and Jim, you really couldn't have made a bad decision here. I think it was win win. You release it and it's still out there for others (and a good bit of advertising for the Lake) You keep it, and even if it's shy of the record, you can put it on the wall and there will be plenty more to come along.

Don't beat yourself up about this.

beautiful fish!!! And to have released it when it is either a state record or even coming close had to be a tough decision! I do agree, though, that it's win-win. Either way, I don't see how anyone could hold that against you. Just once, I'd love to have to make that choice.

Congrats! grin.gif

I fished Johnson and where I usually catch Crappies I caught one walleye in 9 feet. That was my first and only time out so far. I have to take Kelly to Duluth today to X-mas shop frown.gif

Lucky you.....

Mr. Ryan has been doing pretty good on the crappies but I'll let him tell you where....

Stay out of the tackle stores. LOL. smile.gif