• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cake_eater23

Rice Lake State Park-off 14W by Claremont/Owatonna

cake_eater23

Does anyone know anything about Rice Lake St. Park near Owatonna? I was at work and driving to our company's office in Owatonna and noticed the sign for it. I was wondering what type of fish are in, or for that matter whether there even are fish in there? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

heavyduty

I camped there a couple of summers ago and destroyed by the minnesota state pest, nothing we could do to stay away from them. Lake was shallow 5' at most was all I could find, all could catch were bullheads. I would consider camping there again early our late to avoid the bugs but I won't be doing any fishing.

ikeslayer

i have always wondered about that my self. i have spent considerable time there duck hunting and always wondered if i should bring a pole along too. One would think there would maybe be some pannies and a bass or two and the ever elusive carp. but what do i know. Does anyone out there know? ike

Knute78

I work off and on at the park with a natural resource crew. The lake in the state park is very shallow (up to 5-6 feet) and contains rather few fish, from what the park staff says just rough fish and not worth the time. It is mainly used in the fall for waterfowl hunters. A buddy of mine hunts geese and ducks there and did quite well there this year. Also, on occasion they have a fall deer hunt out there, mainly gun hunts but archery has beeen suggested.

It is a very nice clean state park and my crew has removed most of the buckthorn from the north side of the park. It would be a nice place to camp on weekends.