• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bow hunting WPAs

Mr. B

Guys I have a couple of questions about bow hunting on WPA's. I know that you can not leave a portable stand up over night, but are there other things that I need to know about?

I have never hunted on a WPA but after seeing 11 deer (1 truely awesome 12 point) lastnight on my way home from work I am thinking I am going to have to give it shot instead of heading up north to the Brainerd area where I usually hunt.

I was so excited to get back to pheasant hunting until I saw that huge buck, now I can not make up my mind.

Thanks any help would be great.

Mr.B I bowhunt WPA's quite often and I believe that that is the only significant rule. I know you cant damage tree's, vegitation, etc. to make a blind. I have taken a portable with and I just take it with me after the hunt. I find these areas great to hunt beign Im at college and I have seen deer every time I go out. Eventhough bird hunters walk right by me I still manage to see deer within shooting range. Also I find it easier to pattern these deer than on the private land I hunt. Go get em!