• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lazer 224 auger on Mag 2000 powerhead

Kodiak

Question

I am looking at putting that auger that is on the lazer224 on my mag 2000 and throwing that chipper blade/auger out. Will work the same as the lazer224, the powerheads have the same gearbox/torque/hp rating..I figure the 224 four blade auger is 170bucks i can just get that and put it on my 2 year old mag2000 and save 150bucks or so. Let me know!

Thanks guys!

9 answers to this question

Kodiak

Yup, it will work. All StrikeMaster drills and powerheads are interchangable.

Good luck with that 224 bit!!

My dad did the same thing last winter with his auger except, he changed the chipper auger with the 2-blade Lazer. Now when we go out we have two Lazers tearing up the ice allowing us to cover more water faster. I would suggest hanging on to the chipper auger rather than getting rid of it. They work exceptionally better when reopening frozen holes in the permanent house.

Have used the 224 a few times. This bit cuts really fast, the only draw back is you have to keep the blades oiled frequently, as the more metal surface with four blades can equal more ice build up. Keep the blades oiled, to shed water, and you won't have much of a problem!!

What do you plan on doing with the chipper blade? I am looking to get one so when I need to open old holes in the perm house. What size is it? I am looking for a 10" chipper form my laser mag express.

I sure like my 224. It is very fast. But like Jim said they do ice up more fvrequently, I found I can combat this by carring a can of pam cooking oil spray. Hit it once in a while and they stay pretty clean.

Use some auto wax on the fluting and the blades (be carefull). This helps on the icing up as well. I usually do mine twice a season.

Lobes- Really cool looking fish it is!