• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Used Golf Balls

Ralph Wiggum

Question

Does anyone know where I can find some used golf balls? They don't need to be in good shape, all I need is the ones with solid cores. A dozen would do it.

Thanks,

[email protected]

14 answers to this question

Ha, ha, Dietz, wouldn't you like to know?

Well, they're for a game (Polish Golf/Rope Golf/Ladder Golf) that I'm making. The reason they need solid cores is that I'll be drilling through them. If you've never played, check it out here. (I hope it's okay to post this link)

That looks kinds fun... May have to try and make one up myself... Ralph, if your ever in the chisago lakes area, look me up, I have a bunch of used golfballs.

I have seen the same game made with PVC pipes and tennis balls instead of golf balls. Just a suggestion...

Yeah, I make it all out of PVC, but I like golf ball size instead of tennis ball. That way the game fits in the trunk of a car easily.

Our church has one with tennis balls, simply because it is mainly high schoolers that play the game - and they tend to throw them pretty wildly at times. A tennis ball doesn't hurt nearly as much as a golf ball. grin.gif

As for pvc, it's wonderful stuff! For Christmas a couple of years ago, we all received various lengths of pvc pipe in a brown paper bag with a small bag of minimarshmallows and directions on how to put together our pipes. We had a blast with our marshmallow shooters! I hosted my family Christmas that year, so there were 16 of us shooting marshmallows all over my house. I was finding marshmallows in pretty interesting places all year!

Good luck with your game!

I made up a setup for ladder golf this summer after playing it at a party. I ended up making 2 of the "ladders" and purchased golfballs from Wal-mart. They were "Intech" balls in a carry case and it came with 10 each of the pink, orange, and yellow for about 15 bucks. Toss white ones in there from a golf bag....and I am able to have up to 8 people (4 teams) on my setup.

It's already made up for the small cost in fun!

Steve

I can't recall which brands are solid vs liquid cores.

From personal experience--- drilling through the liquid core ones was a little messy grin.gif

Ralph, if you ever get up to WBL I have a five gallon pail full of golf balls that are at least 10 years old.

I've seen this game played before but haven't figure out the scoring, how does it work?

Check out the link I posted above. There is a set of rules there. We play basically the same.

What part of Fleet Farm are these at? Which F-Farm? I'm just asking because I could easily wander that place & drop a whole bunch of cash that I don't need to drop! (Kinda like Cabelas or Sportsmans)! Does the kit come with 1 goal or 2? With bolas (golf balls on a rope)? I've been talking about making one of these for about 2-3 years now, but usually I go fishing instead!