• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out on Irving for a couple hours on Sunday morning. The perch hit alright and the ice was about 8".

How are the perch on Irving? Are they as big as the Bemidji perch? I would think so being its connected but you never know. I have also heard that they are always full of worms. Is that true?

was out on Irving last nigt, had plenty of lookers, but no takers. is anyone catching anything anywhere?

I caught about 10 perch and could have kept two. Also caught a nice eater walleye and a decent northern. Minnows worked best whether jigged or under a bobber and nobody wanted waxies. We went out of the Irving boat ramp a 100 yards - give or take a few wink.gif

Thanks Tipup07, im glad we agree on the same issue. Hopefully we can convince more people to stay off with the wheelers for a little while yet. Thanks for your opinion, and good luck fishing.

vexilar and tipup you guys need to splash some of that ice hole water on yourself and calm down...

I forgot you guys set the rules on how people can access "your" water.

I don't even own a 4 wheeler and I think you guys are cracked. Calm down and stick to fishing and not fighting. Beef seems like a cool website user quit starting crap on this website. grin.gif

Let's keep this thread about ice thickness and fishing please!!! There is another forum for your opinion!!!! We all know about opinions, and they don't belong here.

So how much ice do we have on the area lakes???

Going out this evening, finally it warmed up a bit....

Beef

Anyone have a report on ice conditions for Lake Bemidji? Lookin to put a house out this weekend, gonna need enough for a 4 wheeler.

There was 8" on the south end of Irving on Sunday. Today, there's a little Civic/Corolla type car on the middle of the lake.

I am not fighting, and i am calm, just saying how 4-wheelers are not needed yet. Too much noise=no fish! I don't care what lake your on. Also you have 2 things on your body called legs, and you can use them to move, i heard its called walking!

I don't own a 4-wheeler either and i never said i own the lake either there buddy cuz i dont own turtle or irvine or bemidji haha, but if i did i wouldn't let anyone access it with a vehicle or ATV, cuz Im old school like that. I believe you gotta put alittle work and effort into your fishing to make it more worthwhile and then also your more thankful for the fish you do catch and work for. Just my way of thinking, not ripping on anyone else OK!

Quote:

I am not fighting, and i am calm, just saying how 4-wheelers are not needed yet. Too much noise=no fish! I don't care what lake your on. Also you have 2 things on your body called legs, and you can use them to move, i heard its called walking!

I heard its called walking, what a smart aleck statement and you said you are calm and not fighting and it makes no sense.. by the way we can do whatever we want and we'll make our decisions, i dont care if i dont get any fish, i like to be on the ice with friends and hope to catch a few.. good luck everyone this weekend.

Hey guys,

The neccesary issues have been dealt with...Let's keep the Bemidji forumn the best one here at FM....

What about ice??? Going out Saturday morning then have a benefit dinner on Saturday night...Was out on Big Turtle wed. night.. Drove the four wheeler out 2 miles and had 8" of ice....Was out there for about an hour then I heard the ice cracking and looked out the window and saw a Bronco 2...It was 4-6 degrees above zero this morning so it is still making ice....

Lake Bemidji has 6-10 inches on the shorelines but as you get to the break lines the ice has been as thin as 4 inches as of Tuesday.... Not sure about now, but I would plan on seeing a lot of people hitting the ice this weekend....Oh yeah I saw a full size truck on Irvine Thursday---WOW...

Post what you find for ice conditions THANKS!!!

Beef

Went out last night on Irving and am planning on getting out somwhere Saturday morning. There's been many trucks running around on the south side of Irving the last few days and a couple little cars running around all the way up to the north side.

I went out on Plantagenet Wednesday night. There was about 5 inches a couple hundred yards from shore. It was just and one other guy out fishing so there hasn't been much traffic. Thursday night we hit the south side of Bemidji. There was about 10 inches of the rough ice, and 7 or 8 inches of ice a couple hundred yards out. There was one other guy out there too. I see there were a couple of permanents out there tonight closer to the river. There should be a lot more people out this weekend, so I look forward to the reports on Monday. I'll be going to Mantrap of Saturday to try that. Good Luck!

Give tip up a break im sure he didn't mean any harm. Just wanted to post his opinion on what he thinks im sure like everyone else on this forum. He is a new memeber to this forum like me, but we should stay positive here tip up its all about having everyone getting a chance to catch some fish.

Anyways I'm new to the bemidji area and was just wondering what lakes are worth trying right now?? I always heard about Larson but i checked it out and no one was out there, not even a mouse track! any info is great thanks fish

Welcome Fish,

You have joined a great web site here at FM....As for Larson, it usually gets hammered in the winter.. Good Luck..

Beef

Fish, you can basically catch crappies anywhere in that lake. there are some decent perch i just found out also, dont know where to find them in the winter, but man did we hammer them out there this fall, all in 3 feet of water on plastics, it was amazing, just one huge school underneath the canoe.

I have fished Larson a few times and there werent many people out there when fishing it, the crappies were biting at 4:45 am to 7:30 then I went home.. they all were 6-9/10 inches.