• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Sightings!!

I saw that the backwaters over the Cedar Ave bridge were froze over this morning, how are the lakes looking?

The small pond out in front of my office also has ice on it. I don't know about any lakes being frozen...it was pretty windy.

spring lake had ice out about 30 feet this morning on the east side of the lake. wind must have died sometime during the night.

Lake Smetana is froze over except for a lil spot where the geese are hanging out. It's in Eden Prairie. It's pretty much a pond though with nothing in it. But hey there's ICE grin.gif

Have ice on my pond!! It's only about 200 gallons but the kids had some pretty nice crappies in the over the summer. wink.gif

Stoped by Lake Mitchell in Eden Prairie and it had a skim of ice across the whole lake. Hard water season is approaching fast, i cant wait.

The pond in my backyard is frozen tight. There's no fish in it but it's great for boot hockey!

Moore Lake in Fridley was completely iced over yesterday. Looked to be at least an inch. Anyone check the channel on Coon Lake yet? grin.gif

Round and Crooked appeared to be covered, know that Round was.. Crooked appeared to be as of yesterday... Dunno about warmer temps today and over the next few days

After this brief warm up looks like daytime temps in high 20's and lows in the single digits for awhile

Has most of the ice that formed a week ago come off the lakes now? I am wanting to know about Battle Creek(Mud) Lake in Maplewood right to the south of 94. I hope to maybe get out this weekend but don't want to push it. Any info would be great and hopefully we can get out somewhere this weekend. I am itching to get back at it.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

Ice is off every lake that I saw the last 2 days. The only lakes with ice are the very small lakes and even some of them lost all their ice. So getting out on these lakes is slim to none this weekend. Look for the next weekend or the following. Sounds like up north lost most of the ice also.

Even the tiny pond outside our office is completely melted. Got to ride the motorcycle one last time yesterday. grin.gif

check the duluth area site. there was a guy that said he was out on 3" up there. two weeks there will be lots of ice up there.

check the duluth area site. there was a guy that said he was out on 3" up there. two weeks there will be lots of ice up there.

My quess is that after this weeknd things should be pretty well locked up on the smaller stuff as long as the wind dies down. I bet were out on early ice by the wknd of the 10th on the small lakes..walking only.

SFBOY

It was a buddy of mine that was out so I know that I can get out around here. It is just that I am going to be going homw for the thanksgiving weekend and I hoped to be able to get out on the ice to set some tip-ups. I guess I may just have to wait til next weekend when I can get back up here to get out and hit 'em. Man I the waiting this time of the year. I have a date with an ice hole and it can't come soon enough.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

People walking out on battle creek, I wouldn't try it yet!!

The Ice season is just around the corner on the east side!

On your mark, get set......................

Stopped by lake Mitchell today. I walked out about 30 feet from the boat launch and found about 31/2 inches of ice. Im gonna wait a few more days before I try it out tho. The season is here...