• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Planning ahead to next summer!

We are looking for ideas on lakes in the area that would be producing fish in mid-July. Walleye, bass and crappie are fish of choice. Would like a lake with a choice of resorts on it. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Just replied to ya in the Bemidji Forumn...As for Cass, try Break on the Lake or Wishbone resort...They both are good bets for the July bite....Plus you have access to the Cass Lake Chain of Lakes....

Beef

Dakota, give Clark & Elaine a call at the Horseshoe and see what they have available for that time, you need to do it now though as they fill up very quickly.

They have constructed new 2 story facility, stayed there last year and it is really nice! Going to be my place the second week of June in 2006 and beyond....

Texan

Dakota,

Our entire family of 23 people will be up at Cass at the end of July and the beginning of August. Most of us will be at Wishbone, been goin up there for 19 years, this will be the 20th year anniversary for many of the family which spans four generations. I doubt they would have any openings, you usually have to wait for somebody to die before a cabin opens during that time. The "spill over" of our family stays at The Horseshoe which is right next door to Wishbone and I know Clark would take good care of you though he was filling up pretty fast last I heard for those weeks. You may be stuck heading down the road to Break on The Lake which would not be horrible but it would for sure be my third choice of those three. Let me know where you land and we can talk some "feeshin". Windy

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. We have made our plans and will be staying on Bowstring.

One thing to ask about is if the cabins have a/c. We were thinking about going to Break on the lake last year for something different, but we changed our mind because their cabins do not have a/c. Luckily where we stayed all the cabins had a/c, because it was really hot.

Yeah, those last 2 days were steaming. But it was nice and cool in PikeHole, wasn't it Ffishman? If you really need to cool off, do like we do and take a nice skinny-dip over in Windigo.

Sounds like we might have the Gowdy/Texan group up there too June 10 next year so it'll be an even bigger FM luncheon.

Geez, only 3 more weeks and I won't be saying "next" year.

6 months to go and "we'll be back".

Quote:

If you really need to cool off, do like we do and take a nice skinny-dip over in Windigo.

So THAT'S what killed the fish! shocked.gif Actually, the DNR did find a cigar butt in one bass' stomach. grin.gif

Yeah, I knew Otter was just jabbing at me. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a fishkill in all these years since we've skinny dipped all over Kitchi/Turtle R/Windigo/Cass/Pike Bay during the early years - you know, back when it used to get to 85 degrees before Memorial Day.

Pretty cool that my username has a birthday cake next to it today. Wife says I gotta start acting my age now that I'm 50. Guess that means I'm bringing a swimsuit with in '06.

Quote:

Wife says I gotta start acting my age now that I'm 50. Guess that means I'm bringing a swimsuit with in '06.

The gals on Star Island indicated that they would PREFER you wore a suit! grin.gif Well, I'm going to take a little time off and won't be harrassing anyone in the immediate future. Happy Birthday, Gene! Happy Holidays one and all!

Thanks guys. I think we're all old enough to know better and too young to care.

Texan, I celebrated a little early last Friday night and I was in the mood for something heavy, so I got together with an ole friend - G Heileman (Old Style)!

Gowdy, I'm sure you met Messr. Heileman some time ago.

Otter, you sure it ain't the guys on Star that want me to wear a suit so I don't get their women jealous?