• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We are looking for ideas on lakes in the area that would be producing fish in mid-July. Walleye, bass and crappie are fish of choice. Would like a lake with a choice of resorts on it. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Check out Jack The Horse lake, I believe that the resort goes by the same name. There are countless good, Walleye, bass, northeren, panfish lakes in the area, not to mention the lake that it is on. It is off the beaten path a bit, and as far as I know is a prettey classy resort. Also ckeck out Spider lake.

You could check out Sand, Bowstring,cutfoot-winnie, pokegama, wabana, Trout. the one thing is if you get up to a lake like sand, bowstring, or cutfoot you are within 10-15 min of different lakes so if one isnt biting a lake close by will be

Jason

I stayed at Jack the Horse a couple of times long ago-- my 24 yr old son was conceived there. It was quiet and relaxing then. Mostly northern, bass, panfish. Lots of other lakes in the area too.

I would suggest Sand and Bowstring Lakes. Both can be very good all year and have several nice resorts to choose from depending on what you are looking for. www.northernmnresorts.com will show you several in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. We have made our plans and will be staying on Bowstring.