• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What’s your favorite TV fishing ad?

FishTracker

With almost everybody’s boat stored for the winter except for the die-hards, and everyone just waiting for the ice to form…. I was wondering what’s your favorite tv fishing commercial?

My favorite is the Rapala Fisherman’s Prayer.

“The Fisherman’s Prayer”

“Oh Lord…There he is…It feels like a big one…Please don’t let me lose him…I’ve never caught one this big before. I’ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him…and make a graphite replica if my wife says it’s ok. Thank you for the Rapalas…Amen.”

I like Rapala's christmas commercial. The bass driven the TA staopping at the lakeshore and jumping in.

I love rapala Xraps so ofcourse I like the comercials. CHEWA-CHEWA-CHEWA-CHEWA, their not funny or anything. But my freinds and I always imitate the sound when we use them, and it makes for a good laugh.

Just when you thought you've heard every topic on here, "whats your favorite ad" comes up. I Love FM.

I like the UGLY STICK commerical!! It's more true than one may think.. My Son was sometimes a Clutz. Now he has twin Sons, one is a fishermen, and he now knows what I went through....LOL.. "Yah Right" as the saying goes.... grin.gif Kaz

The River Otter commercial cracks me up everytime.

"What you fishing with?"

"River Otter"

"I think he gots one"

grin.gif

When I was young I used to love those Blue Fox commercials. They were the ones that had the Lure taunting the bass in the water until the bass hit it. I pestered my dad for a long time before he finally got me one and it was the only thing I would fish with.

I like the old MinnKota (or was it MotorGuide) when "Grandpa" gets his new fishing buddy, "Get in the boat Bobby..."

The best is the one where 2 guys are fishing a long time and one casts his arm right off into the water. I think it was for a line, I could be wrong

I thought we had talked about this before.

None the less, my favorite is the Mercury Outboard motor commercial. Where the 2 guys are driving around and then the drivers clothes rip off because they are going so fast. Hillarious!!

Hey Capt'n, that commercial was the Evinrude E-Tec...and it was a funny one at that.

My ultimate favorite was the Evinrude commercial where the E-Tec dealers were kicking the owners of other new outboards in the privates. laugh.gif

I preffer the one with the guys getting kicked in the groin as well. But my absolute favorite is the Rapala commercial.

"Lord, they're he is. I think he is a big one. I promise not to horse him; and if I land him, I promise to release him and have a fiberglass replica made; if my wife will let me. Oh, and thanks for the Rapalas. Amen"

Thanks Chuck....as I typed, I got to thinkin' it wasn't for Mercury but wasn't sure.

Lots of good ones but I gotta go with the Storm commercial where the guy gets the 500lb bass on which jumps and then he yells,"Get the net", sweaty face and all. Classic.

Mine was a stren commercial:

Doctor and two nurses are in surgury. They are just finishing up, doing the stitches with monofilament line. Dr. finishes up, they turn away and the nurse says, "Nice work doctor." Then, in the background you hear "Twing"...Twing Twing... and a heart come flying out of the patient.

Next time, better use stren.

How about the old Trilene Commercials with Al Lindner. In the tree trunks, gets caught up, leans on a dead deadfall, it breaks, he goes in.

Steve

• 1 month later...

The "Rapala Fisherman's Prayer"

Also Rapala Skitter Pop Commercial that starts out with the really happy song as the lure works the water (Howdy-do, it's a great day we're seeing...howdy-do it's a great day for bein' Howdy-do it's a...) and then the water erupts and the lure vanishes in dramatic music. LOL!

I saw one this weekend that cracked me up and creeped me out at the same time. I wish I could remeber what the ad was for.

Ayhoo, this guy is going to give a bass a kiss before he releases it. In super slow motion, their lips meet. It is in super slow motion, so the way it is filmed, it is almost erotic looking. Their lips slowly meet, and they kiss long enough for the viewer to be a tad uncomfortable. When they begin to pull away, a bit of fish slime connects them as they part, finally breaking.

Odd, but I was laughing pretty hard.

Definitely the E-tec ad. I laugh every time!

I like the rapala prayer commercial too though.

I saw a new Rapala commercial this weekend that was pretty good. You see a scene of a float plane going over Canadian waters and all of a sudden you see a guy fall out of the plane and into the water. Next you hear, "Don't be the guy who forgets the Rapala's".

I love the Wisconsin Cheese ad, where the fish swims up with a plate of cheese, puts it on the ice in front of an ice fisherman, and the final scene shows the fish with a rod and reel, fighting the big one! laugh.gif

CrewCab