• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2006 WI Spring Turkey Hunting Applications Available

HateHumminbird

• 2 weeks later...

Joel, I'm looking to apply for Wisc again this year. 2 year's ago we hunted down by Marshfield, Stevens point. Any other area you suggest?? .. Strat

Good amount of birds in that area, no doubt.

I've hunted just west of you and seen more birds than I'm used to seeing, Fairchild area. Man alive. Scouted with a guy south of Tomah too. That was crazy too. Have seen a good amount of birds in the Baraboo area.

From hunting near Eau Claire it was nice to be near some of the hilly areas, or at least areas with a few good "holes". Birds that I hunted in the woods seemed to want to always roost in the big white pines (easy to find), and pitch down the hill. That or they'd drop straight out of the tree.

Tomah seemed a lot like hunting down in SE Mn. Big hills, good topography and plenty of pasture/alfalfa to mix in with the corn.

Wish I was still hunting WI, just don't get the chance to do it much if it's too far from home. Going out to Nebraska this year....that'll be tuff enuff!

Joel