• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duck hunted Sat. Nov.13 on big Rice lake in Remer. I got to the west access in the dark and had forgotten to bring my head lamp. My boat had taken a lot of water from the heavy rain on the way in so I had to dump it to lift it into my truck. I had the gps on the seat and I must have dumped it right out on the access. Doubtfull I will see it again but I thought I would try. I had several years of waypoints in there that will take me several years to replace. If anyone knows anyone crazy enough to go out Sunday on Rice in that wind ask them if they found a gps. I was the last to leave the access Sat. So most likely the first on the water may have found it. I dumped the boat right by the waters edge.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully someone will find it for you. I saw 4 trucks there when I drove by Saturday afternoon. Sounded like there was some shooting going on. How did you do? Generally we hear and see a lot of divers from the deer stand on the opener. This year I didn't see/hear any until last Saturday.

I went out sat. pm for the eve. shoot. With the weather coming in I thought I would see some mallards coming in. I took 3 drake ringbills right away and passed on the rest of the divers waiting for a greenhead. Only had 1 chance and I airballed. That was my group of mallards. I saw more ducks the weekend before. I am sick about the gps.

Keep hope alive. I lost my cell on the trail and a guy picked it up and left messages at the cabin and home that he would leave it on the DNR trail at the trail. Thank God he was nice enough to do that. My wife would have killed me because I just lost cell about 2 moths ago and had to get a new one. I never did find out who found so if you are reading this. THANKS!

Any of you fellas catch any walleyes in Big Rice??

I haven't tried, but I've heard that they can be found in the deeper holes.

I have never seen any deep holes on big rice. Average depth can,t be deeper that 2 and half feet. If you want a chance at walleyes hit Thunder, It's only 1/2 mile down the road.