• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

good fishing spots around rock creek minnesota?

Hi, I have just purchased a house in Rock Creek Minnesota (between rush city and pine city) and I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on some decent fishing lakes and or rivers around the area? Thanks a lot. Dan

Read up on Pokegama, if I lived up that would be one of the first lakes I would try and learn.

Danny,

Though your choices of lakes and rivers is not as vast as say Detroit Lakes or Brainerd, I really believe our region has some of the best. Look on a map, pick a lake or river in the region, and you really cannot go wrong.

Rush, Pokegama, Cross, Goose, and the St. Croix are my favorites. Or you can drive a little and hit the Chisago Lakes or jump the border and hit the lakes around Grantsburg. All you need is some time on the water.

Also, welcome to FishingMinnesota.com.

Ray gave a great list of lakes...Rush will probably be the most popular.. However as Ray stated, the Grantsburg to webster area of wisconsin has some awesome fishing.

Hey Danny,

Welcome to the area. I live in North Branch anc work in Rush City and fish Pokegama alot. Look me up towards ice season and I will let you tag along out there. Very early ice and late ice seem to be the best on this lake. If you venture out on your own on this lake I would try the south side of the island or klapps bar on the east side of the lake.

The floppy is a better bar and Muffy's has good food. Can't wait for the ice. Fishing wasn't great last year. Not much quantity but size was good. Pulled up 6-8 12+ inch crappies one weekend. Pokegama's a friendly place. Bring your sled.