• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tuesday or Thursday a.m.?

ditchparrotspreferred

Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the reports and info...'bout time I chimed in.

What are some thoughts for ducks this week? Tomorrow a.m. before the storm or Thursday a.m. after the storm? My brother has been scouting and found some ringers and mallards, but will they be gone?? The forecasted SE winds until tomorrow doesn't exactly spell migration. Any thoughts by the regular FM'ers? Thanks in advance. Mike

Well I have school tommorow so I'm going on Thursday but, I think that is the better day. Snow, 30* temps,and a North wind at 10MPH on Thursday is just what I looking for. I'm really looking forward to some hunting in the snow on Thursday. grin.gif By the way where you heading?

I've been watching wcco's website and from what I've read, tomorrow is suppose to be rain/snow, then snow and easterly winds. Snow accumulations up to 6 inches or so. Wednesday is suppose to be cloudy in the morning and clearing throughout the day with northwest winds 15 - 25mph. That's the day I'll be heading out. Highs are suppose to be around 30-35 degrees. Thursday, the lake I hunt, may be frozen over. It's a shallow lake (5' deep) and if the lows get into the teens and if the winds die down, it will freeze over pretty good. So, I'm looking forward to going out Wednesday. I'm thinking there will be a pretty good push of birds, especially with the cold, the northwest winds, and if we get all the snow they're predicting. The snow will end up covering their food and they'll need to bug out and go south.

south of prior lake - north of jordan. small lake that has been holding ducks for a few days. what about you?

I'd go out everyday you can, birds are gonna be moving big time with this weather. Every small to medium size water will be froze in the next couple days. I'm gonna hammer some honks tomorrow morn, gonna be fun in that weather.

well I'm planning on making the long run out to the West Central area. I'm hoping that it 'll work out.