• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wisconsin makes record poaching bust

lunker651

A story like this just proves that poaching crosses all age groups, ethnic origins, resident/nonresident and income levels.

I heard there were "professional" as well as blue collar poachers, 2 or 3 ethnics, hunters from 16 - 68, and residents as well as non-residents.

It's a sad day for the hunting community to have to see something like this. I only hope the maximum penalty under the law is given to each and every individual involved.

This makes me absolutely sick. I think I could speak for all of us when I say that they had a dream job that we would have all died to do...Doing something that we all love everyday. However they still managed to screw it all up by getting greedy. Unreal how some people's thought process works. I would love to have an outfitter's job but these guys really screwed it up!! They should never be able to hunt again in their lives!!!

all those deer where mounted, so how many did they get this year before they where busted?? I dont understand the story, other than bait piles and unliscenced hunters, how is there this big mass slaughter of turkeys and deer? Sounds like the guy had a unliscenced game farm or something.

Clearly some of the clients would have known something wasn't kosher but I wonder if they all knew. Out west they have tags that the landowners get that they can charge any price they can get for the tag. They can usually pick the season and use any legal weapon to harvest the animal but during any season. What I mean by this is that they can use a rifle during the peak of the elk rut in September when everybody else is using a bow or Muzzleloader. Not very sporting, but legal in this situation because they paid like $10,000 dollars for the ability to do it.

I hope they hammer this guy and any of the stupid people that knew they we're doing something illegal. I can't quite believe that anyone would choose to pay a guide fee to poach an animal.

Ryan