• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SAME TOPICS COME BACK EVERY YEAR

opsirc

Being a lot of topics come back every year ie: marcum vs Vex, lines, augers etc. Maybe the FM staff could find a way to have these come to the top of the indiviual forms each year. Sure would be great not trying to find the old posts on the subjects. Save time and space by not have new FMers reposting the same old questions. just my two cents worth. smile.gif

O

But then there is nothing to talk about, looking around this site there isnt much that hasn't been covered, I need some material to read and sometimes people have good input on topics that have been brought up before but then fell to the bottom. Just my 2 cents.

not only that, but each and every day, FM is growing. More and more new members, with new answers and new questions. Also, oftne times, one of the prostaff will post a link to the old posts as well, so that you can match new information with the old.

Repeating it over and over actually isnt to bad. I dont like reading a 40 page topic that is 3 years old and most likely has gone off topic a few times.

Everybody has their own issues and also the new people that register each year arent exactly going to reply to that. They are most likely to start their own topic.

I concur- it makes for good reading-so what if it was repeated 6 mo. ago... gotta have something to do at work!

Just comming out of my rookie year with FM I would say that One of the things that makes this site popular is the fact the new commers are truely welcome and not looked upon with skeptisism. I don't post alot during the season mainly because I'm busy fishing. But for those of us who won't touch a rod for 6 months I'll gladly discuss Power-Pro over Fireline, or which rod I like best, or a hundred other things that concern fishing or fisherman. The only thing I like better than talking about fishing, is fishing. Yes, I admit I have a problem. smirk.gif

I don't mind seeing the same topics pop back up either.

-Sometimes it serves as a refresher for those of us who have argued those points in the past.

-Sometimes new FM members may have a different viewpoint that was never discussed in the past on the same topic. This may be a good time to learn something.

-And like was previously mentioned, I as well as FM like to welcome all newcomers- stupid, often repeated question or not. I don't know about most of you but I was very timid about posting anything when I first joined this website. I would probably no longer be a member if someone scared me away with a comment about me posting a stupid question. I can personally tell you that a few current ProStaff in the Lake of the Woods forum were ProStaff when I was a newbie and made me feel welcome as well as give awesome advice to me. Those guys are still there doing the same thing, making people feel welcome and helping them out.

I sure hope I am able to return that kind of favor to you FM members, both newbies & veterans.

yes, every day we see new FM members, and alot of them have great ideas and experiences to add to this forum. If the common topic were up at their time of year, new members might find their answer in the post or they could add a new one. I agree this site is one of the best I have been to, and I am not saying new member input is not weclome. Just seems some topics come up every year. Then again the way things change, it might not be a bad idea to start from the begining with the old posts. grin.gif

There was a time that it was said that a U.S A. patent office was not needed because everything that could be invented already was. A newbee to a website does not mean a newbee to hunting and fishing. Some people care about fishing line. Look at any retailers shelves.Is there any wonder why people would ask questions? I personally care about the drag on my reels. Thats just me. I like the opportunity to get the input. I just skip over the topics I don't think I would be interested in. I'm older so I don't measure my wasted time in seconds passing by an uninteresting topic. Again thats just me.

FM is so much better then any other fishing/hunting website out there. Its Not even close! THANK YOU FM.

Repeat topics do serve as teachining tools for all of us and several valid points have been brought to light here. Someone mentioned that maybe an issue missed the first go-round gets brought up, but then too, look at how fast the industry and it's standards change. Oftenwe see surges in the tackle industry that makes what's hot this season almost obsolete by the beginning of the next.

Hey, CT... so you made it home safely from the Cabelas(Rogers) opening. It was nice to meet you and put a face to the name. I like to see the old topics rehashed. I do not post much during the soft water season, by the time I get home from guiding,pre-fishing or an extended tourny run. I need to skim over e-mails and check this site... the only site I spend any time on. I would bet that 1 out of 5 old topics remind me of something I could have used in the past days or weeks, either guiding or tourny fishing. Most of the time when I've encountered a very difficult bite. Plus new members rehashing old posts can bring in new ideas... and we old farts ( yes I've reached that plateau ) sometimes get stuck in our ways.

Hey Wayne....

It was a great honor to meet you! Yes, I made it out of the jungle up there. Now, if I could only find some time to fish. lol Have a great holiday season Wayne....you've earned it.

I certainly don't mind seeing a lot of threads and skipping those that do not pique my interest.

However, if you do have a question you want to post, but don't want to wait for new answers, there is a SEARCH function on top of the page. You may get more info than you expect!

Fishing, hunting, I think I can get by. Computers, websites, I'm just learning. I agree this is a great site. I just learned another tool. I will use that search feature. Thanks for the tip.

Ya know, if people didn't post all these new threads to read, just what would I have to do all day wink.gif

I for one like these topics coming back, it gives me a topic to research in the files that I probley didn;t have time to read when they are first posted and forgot about till I read the new post. crazy.gif

I agree that it's good to discuss topics that were discussed last year when they come up again, given that some things change over time.

I do wish more people would make better use of the search tool though... I'm betting the buzz stick topic comes up at least 10 times this year, which is similar to last year...

marine_man