• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello Little early no Ice yet! Clear lake is full of crappie, sunfish, small lake easy to fish. Hiniker pond would not be a bad idea nice and close. Fish awhile then you could go to the bowling alley, food and drink!!! And bowling.

Go to minnesota DNR website use lakefinder search by county or specific lake you can get lake maps and species info there.

Hinicker Pond is full of fish of all different species. When we can't get out in the boat my kids have me down there all the time. Lot's of little sunnies, crappies,and perch. Every now and then you can get some decent size but it is non-stop action. We have also caught some walleye,northern, and lot's of l-mouth bass.

olsenj---I ice fish all the time down here. I've done very well on a bunch of the lakes near by. What frat do you belong to by the way? Well maybe post something some time when we get ice and we could meet up somewhere. I've got all the equipment. Also where is this hinicker pond located...is it the one near eagle lake off of hwy 14?

No, in town by the intersections of 169 and 14. (The old hang out in college during May and June - the beer content in the pond used to be extremely high smirk.gif.)

Late 80's we use to get big crappie (several pound +). Some largemouth, stripers. A few small walleye.

Beer in college? Who would have thought that? Maybe you could give Fox 9 a call and have them come down and cover a story. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh the memories of Hiniker Pond. Spent 4 years in Kato in the early '90's. We'd fish Hiniker quite a bit in the spring for sunnies & crappies. Nothing big, but a good time nonetheless. In the early summer we'd go down there for a different reason - beer & bikini clad girlies. The pond in Lions Park just outside of campus is also stocked. We lived a few blocks from there and would kill time catching hammer handles and tiny sunnies.

I didn't mention the smaller craps. They were good eaters and plentiful at times. It never was crowded when they were really biting.

Didn't even need to add beer to the batter!

I used to try Lions. Got a few stunted gills & mudrockets. They used to stock some cats in there then they added the hammer handles to help keep the gills in check. I haven't heard of (or thought of) that pond in 10 years.