• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

11-11 report

smallie_hawgin

Well, HT and I made it out for a few hours on Friday. Nice day to be out for sure. Unlike the rest of the wanna-be river rats.....:P we hit an area not influenced by the warm waters of nuclear electrical generation. Course the water was all of 44.1°..... brrrrrrr. We managed a good number (25) of fish nothing over 18.75" but, the overall average was in the neighborhood of 15" or so. All the fish definetely felt cold to the touch. Presentations varied from semi active with long pauses to slow crawl plastics. Either way a good time and good fun with a quality angler... grin.gif

Thanks SH for the ride! Awesome day to be out there. Great fishing and company! Thanks for the lesson on how to catch fall bass! You made it look easy, and without Live Bait!

Slow moving plastics, gentle bite, soft hook sets, yepper, must be fall...

Sounds like a great time. KT

glad to hear dirtydog and I weren't the only ones out friday. what a beaut of an afternoon! very soft bite for sure. we managed 2 over 18 and a couple dandy northerns. yesturday I went out about 9 and got a nice 17 on the first cast so I was looking forward to wearing my arm out. Got #2 at about noon! Man what a difference. I don't think I have had a 2 fish outing for 5 years. looks like the magnet might be safe here in st. cloud for a while. tongue.gif somebody get out there and get a 20!!! These responsibilities are really wearing me down wink.gif.

Actually EG I managed two last week ..... but they weren't on the sippi... So I guess they don't count. Shucks grin.gif

cool! where was you and the river pro? or would you have to kill us all if you post the location? shocked.gif

heehee, I have a GPS tracking device in your tackle box blb so if you were with him I know where you where.

Track away Eyedood.

The Babypro wont get to the locations of SH's 20's. laugh.gif

Quote:

Track away Eyedood.

The Babypro wont get to the locations of SH's 20's.
laugh.gif

did you forget I have 2 fishing buddies that own RP's tongue.gif

I put the tarp back on the babypro saturday. man I hope the winter goes fast!!!!! maybe we'll have to have an afternoon ice fishing rodeo or something this winter on an area lake.

Quote:

Sorry EG.... Can't reveal that info...
wink.gif

I totally understand SH. pics man, we need pics!

OK dude. Here are a couple... although some backgrounds have been altered to protect the location.... grin.gif

img00047ht.jpg

dsc010661pk.jpg

img000516cr.jpg

img00071al.jpg

riverx2011420055da.jpg

Will these do?? grin.gif

With all the snazzy photo editing going on... makes me wonder if BLB & SH didn't collaborate to edit the apparent size of 'dem smallies... tongue.gif Being honest, they were probably 12inchers from River X.

why just last week I was trolling with a buzz and as long as I went real, real slow it worked just fine for muskies and walleyes but I was after smallies so I didn't have much fun. frown.gif

Quote:

why just last week I was trolling with a buzz and as long as I went real, real slow it worked just fine for muskies and walleyes but I was after smallies so I didn't have much fun.

How disgusting. wink.gifwink.gif

BM...... Ah...... yeah.....I am a chronic liar/editor of photos and factual information.... LOL

With the two 20's from a week ago that puts me at five for 2005..... I like that! grin.gifgrin.gif

Trolling buzz baits? Wow theres a low stoop.... hee, heee. blush.gif

SH - LOL - must be a secret DNR river grin.gif. J/K. It's probably in Iowa somewhere... You're secret is safe with me wink.gif

I had 3 20's this year on the river and a 21.5 largie from mpls chain of lakes. Good year of bassin'.

Didn't the guys from IL troll buzzers during the River Rodeo this summer?

thanks MSR! yes they did troll buzz baits BM. in very shallow stuff and got a lot a fish. unbelievable. 4 over 20 for me this year. none the previous 50 years. musta had a horseshoe stuck somewhere this year grin.gif. now if I could just get some luck at the end of my arrows. me trolling buzzbaits? BWAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hey, that area looks pretty familiar to me BLB...I thought you were too busy deer hunting....LIAR grin.gif Spot for sale....