• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Matthews Switchback or Hoyt Trycon?

esox49

Has anyone had a chance to shoot the new Trycon from Hoyt? I have heard it is really smooth. I am trying to decide on a new bow next year and was looking for opinions on both. I plan to shoot both and make a decision over the winter. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

What are you shooting now?? A couple of friends of mine shoot the Switchback and love them, that my 2 cents worth. Hoyt makes a great bow also, don't know much about the Trycon and the Switchback is a proven bow!!

If you are looking for smooooooth than the answer is simple. MATHEWS I am not knocking the hoyts but in my opinion mathews has the smoothest bows on the Market. I shot many and ended up with the switch Back. Of course you still will have to shoot everything to decide on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

I am picking up my new Hoyt Trykon this weekend. I have had the chance to shoot it a few times now, and in my opinion it's as smooth, if not smoother, than the Mathews Switchback (which I shot to compare). I maybe a little bias though since every bow that I have ever owned has been a Hoyt...

Ted Nugent Rocks!!

So does Hoyt.

To be honest, lots of companies have high quality stuff on the market. Shoot em all and pick your favorite.

I have shot both and I'm somewhat new to the sport, but I like the Hoyt Ultra-tec the best. Switchback had a little less kick, but the hoyt shot better for me. I would try all three bows if I were you. Also a buddy who bought the switchback know regrets not getting the outback so you may want to shoot that one also.

Later