• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rubber boot question?

esox49

Just was wondering what brands of rubber boots everyone is using. I bought a new pair of Alpha Burly Sports this fall and really like the comfort of them. However, I have noticed they are really slippery crawling up a metal ladder stand that is wet or has frost on it. Are there any others that are really comfortable and have better traction? Also, what gram thinsulate is everyone using? Thanks for the help!!

The Alpha is a choice of many!! Try out the Lacrosse brand, I heard they also a good choice.

MuckBootsOnline make several different styles of knee boots that are very flexible useage-wise. I have a pair which are over ayear old and have gone everywhere from spring shorefishing jaunts to the northwoods when its wet and right out onto the ice in all butthe most frigid weather.

These boots are affordable too.

Check the "our sponsors" area for a link to their website.

CrappieTom, which model of Muckboots did you go with? I'm looking for one that I can wear in the mid-fall into early-mid winter (i.e. just like you described).

Another option by Muck is their Woody Max Boot. You get a boot with a comfort range from 40 to -40 degrees. There are other options on the link - take a look at em'.

woodymaxpic13vd.jpg

I actually used them all year, from opener to late October, bow hunting and enjoyed their durablity, comfort, and ability to grip things (i.e climbing steps, walking through damp grass-fields) when wet.

There is an archery shop here in St.Cloud that swears by these boots!