• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zumbro River today....

The boy and I hit the stretch between the Falls and Hammond today. We just brought the big poles and the big tackle. We hit the first wingie up from Hammond and pounded it for about an hour with no prospects.

Then we went to the place we call the long hole. We casted at that place for a half hour or so and didn't get bit there either.

Oh well we know their in there and we just couldn't stand not going down there and at least try it.

I think we are going to Mac's tomorrow after church. Anybody else want to come along and see if we can get Musky or two to cooperate? Murph, Tyler, Andy?

Hey Dan, What time were you guys fishing?

I was down by Hammond today checking to see how much corn was left and scouting my deer hunting area for 3b. And of course I had my fishing stuff with.

I was looking for some walleye and sauger, fished the river road holes from 2:30pm till dark. But you two must have worked the fish into a frenzy for me.lol I scored a large carp and what I think was maybe a Quilback(it was some kind of rough fish, with the top point of its dorsal nearly as long as the fish was wide). Had a nice pike or musky follow a shadrap at one hole, then at another spot almost landed a musky that was probably 34-36 inches, on a rap long cast, it broke me off as I was reaching down to grab it and stole my lure. My walleye gear and 6lb test where out matched at the end.

Never did find any sauger, and some plastics that are catching just about everything on the Root river, only managed the two rough fish, so fishing really wasn't that great for me either. But at least the corn all around where I hunt is out this year.

Sarge

Hey Sarge, we started out in Hammond and worked our way upstream. Started at about 11:00. There was some people hanging out under the bridge, but I didn't know who they were. Did you see my green truck? It's too bad we missed ya!

I wish we would have brought the other poles with to try for some saugers, but we didn't. Oh well.

What kind of deer firearm season was open yesterday? I thought there sure was a lot of shooting going on up in the hills.

Pretty windy today, but I think I'll still go and give a whirl and see what happens.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rivergroup
      Heading up to LV a week from today with the kids. Any advice for us? Staying on the West side but open to traveling if the weather permits.   The way the last few weeks have gone, might stay for good!!!
    • leech~~
      Do have Wi-Fi in your house. Your going to need that to work with any of the cameras that send a signal and video to your phone.  Hardwire is the best but battery power workers well for about two months then you have to pull them and recharge them.  It is nice to sit on a beach in Key West and keep an eye on your house when gone! 👌
    • smurfy
      SO.......you dont think the BEWARE OF WIFE sign is sufficient???? 😂😄   seriously.......i'm no help!!!!
    • Dash 1
      With all the craziness in the world I’m looking at getting an outdoor security camera setup for my home. Anyone have ideas on what works well without a huge cost  and easy to do . Or is it better to go with a company to set it up.  We have recently had copper thefts in the area at farmers fields and bin sites and I know it will only gat worse as these things always do. I probably want something that hooks up to my phone as well and wondering if there is a good one with either battery life or if wired is better. Any thoughts are welcome. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Aren't they the ones that ran into problems about illegal bait? Anyone know how that turned out?
    • chaffmj
      You launch on Moose Lake to get to the motorized portage. It's called Prairie portage. To get to the portage you put in at Moose Lake. From Moose you go into Newfound Lake. From Newfound you go into Sucker Lake. On Sucker is where Prairie portage is. There is a dock on the American side and on the Canadian side there is big sign welcoming you to Canada. Latourell's Resort runs the portage and the cost for the portage is $40 for a round trip.
    • mulefarm
      Will that blond haired kid have that cool little orange boat in the show this weekend? Saw him driving around by Muskego Point a few times this summer.
    • smurfy
      Hey  stranger!!👌
    • delcecchi
      Nope, there are parts of Basswood that allow motors.   Entry is from Fall Lake, and there is (I think) a motorized portage.   It is really popular in the spring...
    • smurfy
      had that happen last year on a lake. doing pretty good with sunfish till momma 2 youngins showed up........we moved!!!!🥴 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.