• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who's ready???

Who's ready to hit the hard water??? All this nice weather is driving me crazy!! I want to be on the ice early this year, but watching the news, it doesn't look like the cold is coming soon enough!! For now I have the Ice Fishing show to look forward to the first weekend in Dec. I remember the first year or 2 I went, I was fishing before the show, would go to the show, and then come home and go out on the ice and try my new toys out!!! Haven't been able to do that for quite a few years now!!! Anyway, any predictions on which lake will be producing fish in the area this year??

Can't say I'm ready for Ice. Still hoping on hitting the open water as much as possible. I love when I'm heading across the lake and hit that thin skim Ice and watch the geese try and get out of the way! grin.gif

I usually start getting ready for that fishing season while the Ice is thickening up enough to walk out on.

I hope to try a few more lakes this year and see if I can meet some more FM'ers too.

See ya on the Ice,

Corey Bechtold

Corey, What are the hutch area lake you hit in the boat and what area lakes do you hit during the hard water season?

Feel free to e-mail me, c j bechtold at yahoo (Contact US Regarding This Word)

Looks like winter coming fast guys, might not get a chance to get out and break some Ice with the boat. frown.gif

Later,

Corey Bechtold

Can't say I'm even close to digging out my ice gear yet, but it's definitely time to start changing gears. On my way back from ND today I saw some smaller ponds with a skin of ice on them which helps get a guy looking forward to the winter season. Won't be long!

now i know what u r thinkin-swan ---yeah swan by silver lake the town--i do ocassionally hit some 18 inch eyes on swan early on-try the north side early evenin to late ---and about 100 yard to the left of the southeast access for some nice eyes-most of usually hit between 11pm and 2am. its fun as far as crappie-yeah one crappie out there all last season------boo hoo-but u want crappie -i say eagle by nya is the best bet-no matter how much its fished-----never seems to die off-ttfn