• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lazer mag express?

fishfart

Question

5 answers to this question

I have the 2hp with a 10 in bit, seems to work just fine. May want to keep sharp blades on it as dull 10"in auger is a lot for a 2 horse to push, but I have had mine for 2 years and it runs great. I also use amsoil oil which seems to help a bit.

I've got the chipper style 10" and while I don't cut as many holes as a lot of these guys I do cut quite a few and for the last 5 years it has performed great, I sometimes wish I had a 2 blade auger on it but then I find myself on real cold days with it freezeing up between each hole, but I just whack it with my wooden ice scooper (big dipper)and keep drillin' and I don't think you can do that to the other style blades. either way you go your getting a good auger with plenty of power. grin.gif

Hey Tom, I am thinking about getting the 10" chipper blade for mine. Have you tried to reopen old holes in a house with the chipper? My old jiffy with the chipper would cut them like a dream, and the 2 blade laser doesn't do so well.

Yes I have done that, sometimes if the hole is a little rough it might jiggle around a little till it's cutting good ice but it works good for me grin.gif