• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

M1 Mathews

Shwangman

After months of looking and testing out bows I have narrowed it down to a M1 Mathews. The only question I have left is there any difference in years ? I'm currently looking at a 2001 and a 2003. Thanks

Not for the MQ1, other than age. grin.gif Something like my Black Max, there is a difference, like the older Black Max didn't have the dampeners and string supressors that the newer one's have.

You should go to mathews site and check out all the bows they made. It will show what bow was made when.

I shot an MQ1 for a few years. I don't think the MQ1 had any new "versions". The one thing it doesn't have that the newer Mathews have is the built in dampners.

I shot my MQ1 for six years and the guy I sold it to loves it. I just felt like upgrading.

Thanks guys, purchased a MQ1 on Friday while heading down to Houston County for deer hunting, met the guy on I-90 and I'm sure the people driveing by was wondering what was going on! Great looking bow. The guy told me he has shot 7 deer in two years in Wis so I know the bow has it, now I have to guy in tune!! Thanks.

I had the same bow for many years until it was stolen from me at an archery range. I loved the bow and as all Mathews bows do, it shot fantastic. Make sure you put some Sims products on it to lessen any vibrations. I now own a Q2XL and love it too. Mathews makes a great product.

Thanks Treeclimber. Are these easy to install or should I take to a bow shop and they will know what I need and what to do? I did alot of checking before I brought this and all the comments that I read or got like yours was positive! Thanks again.

I would recommend getting a good vibration eliminator stabilizer which you can put on yourself, also you should get limb savers made by Sims or whatever brand you prefer. These normally have a self adhesive on them so you can do this on your own also. The only thing you will not be able to do is install the string leeches (string silencers} unless you have a have a bow vice. I will have to look at where you live but if you are close enough I would do all of it for you and paper tune your bow for nothing.

Shwangman, I see you live in Waconia which is a long ways from Little Falls. If for some reason you are heading up to this area drop me an email and and I will give you directions to mmy place and I will help get your bow set up properly. My email address is [email protected]