• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is Saturday, 11/12 the cold bitter end?

I think that Saturday 11/12 might be the cold bitter end. 6 inches of snow on Sun/Mon and a forcast for highs in the low 30's and lows in the low teens for next week. One more shot at Island Lake on Sat. and I think the boat will go to the corner of the garage and I'll drag out the Otter. Anyone up north still thinking there is one more weekend after this for the boat?

Golly, we're only looking at 1-2 inches up here on da Range, with highs in the 30s, so that won't keep the snow on the ground. But, after all, that's better deer hunting conditions than boat fishing. grin.gif

You guys give up on the boat too early. If I can get it in the water, its not time to put it away yet.

Even though I could take the boat out I to think we are done for this year. The nice day we had on Thursday I used it to things on the honey do list that were to have been done the other nice days that I went fishing instead. A lot of guys on this board are from down south which for us is anywhere below Hinkley. They get an extra 4 weeks of fall and an early Spring. Up here by the Big Lake she controls our weather and cool is cool and cold can be very cold. But then again we get ice before them!

I would guess myself that this is the last weekend. If nothing else the ramps will be too slippery to negotiate. I haven’t seen anything in my forecasts that talk about 6” of snow, but you never know.All I have seen is maybe an inch tonight and very windy Sunday. Bottom line is it’s time to put the boat away before it gets too late and you have trouble with cold or snow.

Animal was that you I saw on Island lake Sat about noon? I only had about 2.5hr to fish cuz My brother had to go back home by 130/2pm. I should have left him home. I cought 1 eye and lost one just before we had to go it put up a good fight I had it next to the boat twice but lost it. frown.gif I was using my ultra light /w 6lb. plain hook and slip bobber. about 18fow. Im not putting the boat away yet. grin.gif Later Nels

Northern Nels - That was I. We fished till just about dark and caugh a gazillion dink walleyes. Only had two keepers. A pair of 16 inchers. Looks like they put off the snow until Tuedsay. I've parked the boat until March when the Rainy River fires up.