• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Friday Report

TrollerX

Pretty on and off dat today on the Croix. Best fishing was Prescott in the morning. I think the bite probably ran hot and cold all day in that spot. A couple of nicer fish than last week. Also, a nice run of Fall Croix Crappies. I have found a couple spots that have held fish for over a month now. I guess they hang out there all fall and early ice. I only found them because I was looking for Eyes and found a new spot. I kept getting light taps on the jig but could not set the hook. I went to a 1/8 oz jig and shazam! Definitely a tougher day overall today than the last few trips. Still, an incredibly nice day on the river. "Fishing Buddy" it was nice running in to you guys. I think it is time to head south to the Skinny Water. grin.gif

Nope - Had do work my "Honey do" list today. Just finished hooking the boat up and checking the minnows. Headed to Red Wing at 5:00 am. Should be jiggin by 6:30 for sure. I am going to fish Red Wing til noon and Prescott til dark. I think you said you were also going tomorrow. Did you get out today? Where are you going to fish tomorrow?

Didnt get out either.Home projects took their toll.Ill be on the Croix by 7am or so.Probably dedicate the day to jiggin and blade baits.May go up river from Stillwater to try some ringies for a bit.Good luck tomorrow down at RW....

Red Wing bite was good this morning. I would not say it was great. A pretty good bite but mostly 15" - 18" male fish. The water is 42 degrees in Red Wing. There were 50 boats floating on both chutes this morning. Plenty of people catching fish. I didn't see any fatties though. Mostly a plastics bite tiday. Blue Ringies or Smoke Color Ringies on a 1/4 oz jig worked best. I think Crappie Tom's post on the Sippi forum is correct. The batifish are still everywhere. That needs to calm down before the bite will really heat up down there. It's not time to put the boat away yet. CroixEyes - How did you do up north?

Trollerx..

Bite was pretty slugish today.Didnt make it as far up river as I would have liked.Jigged from about 8 til 2 .A couple nice smallmouth,silvers and 8 or 9 eyes .Four were legal size 15 to 17.Caught most fish dragging the jig around 28 to 32 fow.A few other boats out, didnt get down to Hudson so not sure how people did down there.Water temp was 34 in the bayport area.Water also seemed a little off color.Sad news is I did hang the craft up for the season .Im storing it outdoors and after todays forcast cant wait for the weather guy to predict another nice day. frown.gif

Sounds like you were getting ready for the hard water bite up north. I am not putting my rig away at all this winter. I keep it in the garage so it stays pretty warm. I figure there are normally a couple days each month that are warm enought to get to Red Wing. I want to try fishing that area all year and seehow the bite changes. I have heard that it is pretty awesome for bigger fish in the winter. No worries though, the ogger is gassed up and ready to start drilling!! If you want to get out on the Croix or Sippi just let me know. We may still have one more Croix outing left before freezed up!