• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shack Lights

slabberknocker

Question

I pulled my deep cycle 12 volt out of my boat and want to use it for lighting my shack. Can I cut the plug-in off a treble light and hook that up? I already have a spot to mount the battery on my four wheeler so I dont have to worry about lugging that around. Thanks for any help

Slab

5 answers to this question

Yes you can hook up up a 12 volt treble light. I have one and it works great. The one I have has a flourescent bulb and it draws very little current. I run it off a 12 volt gel cel battery. Current won't be an isssue with the deep cycle however so an incandescant 12 volt bulb will work just fine.

How well do led 12 volt lights work in permanent houses, and were can a person get some for a decent price.

I picked up two 12v lights at camper world for under $20. I hooked them up last weekend and they work great. One bonus is that it's just down the road from the new Cabelas.