• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bow sight. anyone not using a peep?

96trigger

Does anyone on here use a rear sight instead of a peep? I'm not happy with the peep sight, and its time for a new one, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried any of the hindsights instead of their peeps and if so, how do you like it?

I too have kicked around the idea of loosing a peep sight. Of all the non-peep sights.. the no-peep by timberline archery seems to be the most used and most liked.. I may give one a try this summer to be ready for next archery season.

Lose the peep and just crimp on 2 nocking points about a half inch apart where the peep used to be. Your accuracy will not suffer and you will never have to deal with "peep blindness" in very low light conditions. In my opinion peeps are worse than usless in real world hunting conditions.

I use no peep/rear sight. From the get-go forty years ago when sights were not a common addition to a bow, I learned the value of a consistant anchor point and rely solely on that....even while shooting the release. Old habits I guess, but effective.

I practice shooting without my peep for shots 20 yards and under. For me I look along the left side of the peep and aim to the right on the animal.

Obviously, my groups aren't quite as tight but they are more than adequate at 20 yards and under. I took my first big buck with a bow 5 years ago using this method.

I used to use a kisser & was very happy with it, but when I got my new bow last year decided to try a peep again. I like the peep a lot better for the shots over 20 yards. I shot a deer at 25 yards with the kisser, but I didn't feel like my groups were quite as tight with it.