• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Matt Johnson at Reel Fishing and Tackle

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake, MN will be having their annual ice fishing open-house on Saturday, November 19.

During the event there will be discounted ice fishing gear, product demos, seminars, various product reps, as well as a wide assortment of ice fishing tackle and products to check out.

FishingMN Pro Staff Coordinator Matt Johnson will be there from 10am – 3pm giving product demos as well as answering any ice fishing questions. Matt will also be giving two seminars. One around noon and the other around 2pm. He will cover various tips and techniques pertaining to a variety of different tackle options. He will also explain how they can be effectively used on several different species.

Directions to Reel Fishing and Tackle (located off of MN-60 in Madison Lake)…

From 169:

Take 169 to Mankato

Follow 169 until you get to US-14

Take Hwy US-14 East towards Waseca

Follow US-14 East to MN-60

Go Left onto MN-60

Follow MN-60 into Madison Lake

Reel Fishing and Tackle will be on your left

Going South on 35 from the cities:

Take 35 South to MN-60

Take MN-60 West/South

Follow MN-60 all the way into Madison Lake

Reel Fishing and Tackle will be on your Right

Going North on 35 from Iowa:

Take 35 North towards Owatonna

Go West on US-14 towards Waseca

Take 14 West until you get to MN-60

Go Right on MN-60

Follow MN-60 in to Madison Lake

Reel Fishing and Tackle will be on your Left

So, Saturday, November 19 at Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake, MN.

Ice fishing is almost here so join Matt anytime between 10am – 3pm to talk fishing and share in the excitement!!! smile.gif

Joe from Reel Fishing has worked hard to get this event rolling. It will actually last three days (Friday - Sunday) but Saturday is going to be his "event" day where various product reps show-up to provide product demos and info on many different ice fishing products, in addition to all the seminars.

I'm really looking forward to spending a day out there where I get to talk ice fishing with other diehard ice anglers. A day playing around with ice fishing gear and chatting about ice fishing... only thing better than that would be actually sitting out on the ice smile.gif... but I guess it'll have to wait a couple more weeks... wink.gif

I hope to see some of you there, and make sure you stop and introduce yourself. I always like meeting other FMer's and getting a chance to put a few faces with some of the names I see here on the site.

I plan on ice fishing in the area quite often this winter as well, so it would be nice to meet others who spend a lot of time ice fishing in SouthCentral MN, and maybe we can make plans for some ice outings...

See all of you on Saturday!

Hey Matt, I will be working there till 10 but will stay longer to chat about walking on the hard water again. Its getting close so it will be fun.

I will be heading over there on Saturday for sure. I have never been there so I am excited to check it out. I went to the seminar Matt and Tom put on last year at Gander Mountain in Mankato and learned quite a bit of new information - which turned into many more fish through the hole that winter. I will also be looking for some new reels.

See ya there,

Loebs

I just got back from Reel Fishing and Tackle and let me say, Joe has that placed decked out with ice fishing gear! A ton of options for the ice angler to choose from...

This Saturday is going to be a lot of fun. I'm going to try and touch on as many tackle options as possible, and their uses for out on the ice. The when's, where's, what's and why's of ice fishing tackle...

Matt I was hoping to talk to you on sat. but I am still not done with work yet. I am thinking about the ice fishing show on the 3rd, you going to be there ???

Ken,

Yep, I'll be at the Ice Show in St. Paul as well. I'll be in the Thorne Bros booth again helping Thorne Bros and Today's Tackle. Stop by and chat. I would like to make a few plans to hit the ice with you and your sons this winter too. Maybe see if we can't watch your son pull in another monster walleye smile.gif

Have a good time today Matt. I hope Joe has a good turn out. Tell him I say "hi". I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Take it easy on letting out "stupid" information. That is a valuable secret. grin.gif

All information pertaining to anything "stupid" will not be disclosed today grin.gif The secret is safe wink.gif

Reel Fishing and Tackle have the new MarCum LX-5 and LX-3tc on display. Stop by and check them out! Incredible units!