• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

blaze orange fabric?

fish2live

can anyone tell me where i can find a nylon blaze orange fabric? i have a vest that i bought a few years ago for pheasant and it's only about 60% orange i want to find some fabric so my sister inlaw can make it all orange. i know you are thinking what a cheap skate just go buy a new one but, this vest has the pockets and remote holder and i can't find the same one in all blaze. thanks

steve

Many of the fabric stores sell it now. Of course, you have to be man enough to go into one. grin.gif I'd get out the phone book and call around. You might also find it at places like Cabelas or Gander.

I like going into the fabric stores. At first all the women stare at you, wondering what the heck you're up to, and then before you know it you've got all the help you need.

Had to pick up some canvas and high-density foam earlier this fall to re-do the pads on the portage yoke for my little canoe, and gosh were those clerks nice! Two customers also joined in the on the fun, helping the helpless male with his project. We had things figured out, cut to fit, and ready for stapling by the time I left the store.

Do not fear the fabric store. Bring the garment you are looking to work over with you, explain what the plans are, and ask for recommendations. If you are clean, nicely dressed and don't look like an axe-murderer I'll bet you'll enjoy your visit.