• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

favorite first ice lakes

I moved to Buffalo 2 plus years ago> Iwas wonder what is your favorite first ice lakes? So far mine has to be martha. The fish may not be the largest but it is fun to just get out and start jigging for the pannies.

I'm new to the area so don't have any yet....but hopefully by the end of the season....I'll know them all.... smile.gif

There are several good lakes in the area for first ice. Without giving away too many, I would have to say Maple Lake and Buffalo are good lakes to start with - until the crowds start comming anyway.

clearwater is also a good choice. its a pretty large lake so mentioning the name should not cause a problem. There is an awful lot of good water to fish here for all species. Good luck and hang onto your rod. Bill

Augusta, my simple rule has always been to look for real small shalow lakes. They freeze first, first to fish.