• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red Wing???

Gimpy

First of all I want to THANK all...for the replies about Mille Lacs! It has been very helpful, although we haven't had the time to get away yet...bummer! As I read more on this sight although, I realize that many of you fish the Miss also. I have fished at Red Wing twice this summer and had fair luck at the dam, but usually went down to Pepin for the best action. Was wondering about right now at Red Wing? We REALLY hope to go SOMEWHERE next Thursday night through Sunday. Would greatly appreciate any info!!! Thanks folks...see ya on the water and Be Safe!! smile.gif

Gimpy go to Mille Lacs the Nov Full moon is really worth the trip I can't wait to go myself. The big girls should really be on the feed and will be as fat as footballs.

You have made my decision for me!!! Mille Lacs here we come! Now, the next question(s)...lodging and launching? I am a shopper and don't need anything fancy for lodging. As long as it has a bed and shower! If there is a kitchen, that will work also. As far as launching, is fish from a 18' Alumacraft, 90-with a 6hp kicker..not to afraid of skinny water. Umm...have read some of the other reports on where...just need it verified. Thanks...and will be looking for reports! Have a great weekend! It is rainy here thsi weekend so hopefully the pheasants will be ahnging tight for tomorrow. Gotta go to the city with mama and grandaughter today...so no hunting today. As a matter of fact if I don't get off of here and get ready...there are two shoppers that are going to be upset with grandpa!!! Actually they are pretty forgiving...BUT...once in a ahile a man has to do what a man has to do! Have a great weekend and will see ya on the water...Be Safe!

Gimpy,

Watch the wind. North Wind means head to Garrison/Myr Mar/Malmo. West wind, go out of Eddy's and fish Anderson/Rocky Reef. You can also fish the weed bite in Vineland bay or run Indian point. Out of the east or south you can fish Isle bay, Popes' reef or slide up to Red Door and fish Big Point.

A GPS is essential at night and a map doesn't hurt. We've done really well on #11/#13 floaters or #10/#12 husky jerks in clown, firetiger, or orange. Vary your trolling speed until you find the hot zone (earlier it was 1.8-2.2mph, but last night we slowed down to 1.3-1.7mph). The less wind there is usually means slow down and keep quiet (trolling motor if you have one).

Also try different depths. I usually start 6-8' and move deeper to 9-12' if there is nothing doing. I'll get up really shallow in the 4-6' range if there is a good chop.

There is also a whole group of bait fishermen as well (lindy's or slip bobber/leech), but I've never done well after dark that way.

I hope this helps.