• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sorry, OT but I need a place to live

As I posted, I will be moving up that way in Jan. Wife will be staying herein La Crosse, WI where I am now until this house sells and she finishes a semster of school she just started. I need a reasonably priced place to lay my head at night, cook a meal after work and wash my backside daily.

Everything I cna find on-lineis at leat 450 a month. Thats higher than I can afford plus pay for the utilities and eat. Anyone know of anyone who winters in Fla and needs a mature (Im 41) non smoking house sitter for the winter?

Other ideas are welcome as well.

Wade:

I'm a LaCrosse native, myself. Finding a decent place around Duluth for under $450/mo is a toughie. Sorry I don't have any help to give you. I wish you well in the move. It's a great place to live, and you'll have far better ice for much more of the winter up here than you found on the backwaters of the mighty Mississippi. cool.gif

Wade,

Why don't you shoot me an email. I would like to get some more info from you, but I do have a potential possibility in mind...need to think and talk about it some more. My email is hoyj @ co dot st-louis dot mn dot us. JH

E-mail sent and sent back..wouldnt go thru

Mine is Fishahollik@ charter,net. I will try again.

OK, this is crazy. Yours got returned to me. I tried it again, but I double-checked the address. If you don't get something soon, try:

courtneyhoy @ yahoo . com

You may find a place for under 450 but it will be a little shady to say the least. I could put up with a place like that for a short period of time if nessisary, but I would not let my wife live in those type of neighborhoods.

• 3 weeks later...

And a heater for your tent! blush.gif

Don't mean to make light of it. It can be hard to find a decent safe place in D/S when you haven't won the Powerball. frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't going well. I may have to look around Cotton, or Floodwood to find an "inexpensive" place.