• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Welcome and we are glad to have you aboard. Lots of great folks and info here. Plus we dont just talk fishing we actually get together and fish with eachother every so often. Loopers will be going when your done unpacking I bet.

Any questions just ask away.

Welcome Wade Im sure you will enjoy the northland. where are you working? Ice fishing is great up this way. There will be a grathering of F.M. people in Ely in Jan. (Burntside Bash). watch this site for our get togethers. join us if you like. Nels

Welcome to the site. Theres a bunch of great guys here. Beware of that Northlander character though grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wade I see you found Us. Welcome again.

Welcome to your other family, dont worry about being the blacksheep here, IllTakeWhatiCanGet has already filled the postion. See you soon.

welcome aboard! let me tell you it's hard to find time for work with all the fishing opportunities you'll find up here.

I think that the wal-i-king shares that title with illtakewhaticanget. grin.gif

Thanks for the welcome. I will be sure to pack my ice fishing gear, sled and auger as well as my tools for work.

I work for PERMAR security.

Welcome, Wade.

If you haven't already done it, we'll have to introduce you to lake trout through the ice, the biggest rock-em sock-em robots full contact ice angling there is up here.

Know any of the Jaekel clan in LaCrosse? They're my rellies there.

Outdoorran I owe ya one. tongue.gif

By the way Walleye King, IlltakewhatIcanget and I believe Little Perch are all fine fisherman in their own rights. wink.gif

Everybody has a nitch on this site, some just take a bit more ribbing than others. We all get our share and it only means the others like us. ( Or just like to give is dooky)

By the way that Green n Gold Guy is ok and is one heck of a on the ice Bartender. MMMM! Nut Brown Slushy anyone? ooo.gif

Doh! Thats a good one Nut! grin.gif

Man Porter you got to get a Looper so you dont have to take all this abuse all winter. At this rate it looks like a long winter for you.

Quote:

Here I thought Porter was the Wal-i-king also!!??

I don't get it...

I'm pretty satisfied in my conclusion that the looper gods punish me for my liberal spring harvest by not letting me get any off the shore. I'm willing to accept that cause there a lot more fun to catch in the river, by the dozens than by using carp fishing tactics from the shore smirk.gif Ok, maybe I'm a little bit bitter still, but I don't go out shore fishing and expect to catch anything more than a buzz anyway.

I know Jim Jeakel(sp?)He used ot be a cop in La Crosse and his son Sam. I have duck hunted many times with Sam.

Yep, that's my uncle Jim. I was born a Jaekel in LaCrosse and lived there until I was 10, but was adopted and got a different name after my father (Jim's older brother) died many years ago. Sam is my cousin. I hunted deer with Jim and Sam a few years back at Jim's brother Bob's deer camp up in the farm country above LaCrosse. Jim was always my favorite uncle, probably because he was the youngest and close to me in age.

Good folks, those Jaekels, and they always lay out the red carpet (and the beer) when the prodigal returns. grin.gif

The older we get, the smaller the world gets.

Yep, both good people. I had a great time out in SD pheasant hunting with them for a week 2 years ago.

Congratulations on being one of the fortunate few who have been able to land a job in northern Minnesota. I was lucky enough to get out of the cities about a year ago and it sure is refreshing