• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Plat book info. on the web

NELS-BELLS

Does anyone know if there is a free web site that will give you plat book info. (who is the property owner) for individual counties?

Nels

A fair number of counties have this capability on their websites. I use the Cass County function regularly...

I got mine at the local hotel that we stay at for Houston County. I think that the DNR also sells them in some cases at there local offices.

Go to the Farmers Bureau in Caledonia, right on Hwy 44. That's where I've been getting mine.

Any and all county seats will have them.

Are you hunting in Caledonia this weekend? Me and my buddy will be down there.

Mike

if the county your looking for has a website it can way better then a plat book. You can find out who owns property and what they pay for taxes.

There is no property owner information I know of on the web. But you can buy plat books from "Farm & Home Plat & Directory" or website http://www.farmandhomepublishers.com. These sell for $25 or if you are the landowner they will send you one for free like a phone book. This I use in farm country.

Another plat book company is Rockford Map Publishers, I am sure they have a website also.

Then you can find out who the owner is and possibly where they live. If they do not live in that county you can call the assessor and they will tell you where they mail the tax bill (sshh this is a secret wink.gif).

I hope that helps. smile.gif

If you use the county website it is slow and you must know where and or who exactly you are looking for.

tcsprtsmn,

Not sure if you are looking at the same place I am but my experience with the county GIS maps is pretty good. I am sure that if you have a dial up connection the loading of the maps can be a bit slow. But if you have access to high speed connection it's awesome. You can zoom in and out at will, it identifies the owner, how much the land is worth, and yes the taxes payed on it and the address of the owner.

If anybody is looking for plat info on the web just try the county website.

TRITC

tc,

Here is one that I use (Itasca has a great GIS map):

http://www.co.itasca.mn.us/

Just replace itasca with the county you want to look up. I don't think all counties have this but the 4 or 5 that I looked at did. Just click on the Maps link on the left and then choose the type of map you want to use. Some counties do a much better job of getting useful interactive maps online than others. Either way it's worth a shot.

TRITC

I'll be near Blackhammer. I can see Caledonia from my uncle's farm, but I believe Spring Grove is closer. I already have a plat book but I would like a nice aerial photo.

My two pheasant hunting counties do not offer this service. They are small (poor) counties. I guess I will have to stick to getting my books. I like the county info you showed me. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. everyone. I've noticed that the counties that I went to all varied. Hubbard county and a few others break up the property bounderies if you zoom in far enough but only list the properties as a number. You have to click on the number to find out who owns it. On most plat books you look up the township and it gives the last name of the person that owns it. Easier to scan for the state and county land. I just hate to spend $20 bucks for each county plat book. I guess I'll just have to continue to visit the public libraries and photocopy the pages that I want.

Nels

I know that the metro counties have that option on the sites Ramsey, Hennipen, Washington, and Dakota for sure I think it is becoming the norm for all counties. I work for Dakota County and it is quite intensive. It is all free.

The one right on the highway, in town. I think its the Americana Inn or something like that. Yes, I will be down on Friday and hunt till Sunday, about a mile out of Spring Grove, can't wait, hope the weather is decent!!! I think I paid 20 something about 4 years ago.