• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting wheels on fish house

riverrat56

Question

Built a 7 by 10 last year, skids are 2 by 10's, 2 by 4's for the floor joists, door is in the middle on the long side. Any ideas on how to put wheels on it, would prefer something that would either drop down or swing up. Needs to be able to be done by 3 guys, lifting it on a trailer would like to be avoided but a small lift would be ok (We got it on a snowmobile trailer last year, but never again) Anyone got an idea?

Idealy it would be attached to the house and stay that way so we could just hitch up and go. Also money is a factor because we are all highschool kids working part time jobs, would like to be able to swing it for under 600 bucks, we have connections though and can get good deals on stuff, (built the house for 300 bucks total)

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

riverrat56, How about 2 handyman jacks and an axle that lengths out at "about" 8 1/2'? It would involve putting a 2 1/2" notch into each of your 2X10 skids, but you could take your wheels home with you! Also, 4 lag bolts would be involved. With a little salvaging (on your part) it could be done for +/- $200. Talk to "pappy", he'll tell ya who I am, I'll try ta help ya out. Call me on the "landline" Phred52

Not a bad idea, never thought of that before, I'll see what the other guys think about it, knowing them they will think it is to simple or will want to make some complicated devise that will cause me to loose a hand or something, I like your idea a bit better.......I'd talk to dad, but he up and left with my dog for South Dakota on tuesday, haven't heard from him since........