• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lake orchard

last year i icefished marion alot, but there is always way to much people out there, so im goin to try orchard, Do the northern bite good there in the winter like Marion?

I fished it once late in the year with no luck but while I was out I talked with other guys and they seem to have done well earlier in the year. From my understanding it is worth a shot. However, you won't be alone. It is a much smaller lake but still had a good number of people out there.

Only thing about Orchard is it doesn't freeze up right away. There is a spring around one of the reed islands. I watched a 4 wheeler go down a few winters ago. I know there are past posts about the natural spring on Orchard. Do a search to get more information or make sure to use a spud bar when "walking" to your spot.

Muskieguy.....

I live across the street from Orchard Lake and have been told by two people that live on the lake that there are atleast two springs. I can also tell you were to catch crappies, Muskies and Bass in there... but that would just plain take all the fun away for you. grin.gif

really? sweet. dont worry i wont tell any one. whats the biggest bass u cought out of there? my dad cought a 3 or 4 poundder this spring, thats our biggest, and the rest have been dinks. frown.gif

if i catch some bass out of where you told me to go ill consider giving u an awsome spot on crystal where i cought some nice three pounders.

I fish Orchard and Marion alot. This summer I caught a 5lb9oz largemouth on orchard and sept. 30 I caught a 6lb.5oz on Marion. And many others between 4 and 5. but lets just keep all this a secret we don't want any more boats out there than there are already. wink.gif i also try to get out to bpoth of those lake pretty often in the winter. If you see an orange chevy colorado crew cab come say hi.

I fished a tournament this year on Marion and was not excited about doing well after my pre-fishing was bad. Well, lets just say that our leagues biggest weight total came out of Marion and we also fished Minnetonka, Clearwater and Waconia!! NO LIE!! I was so shocked, that lake has alot of nice sized bass.... just work real slow with dark colored plastic worms in the summertime and be patient. As far as Orchard goes... It's my favorite "small" lake around.... the spring is awesome out there! If you go to the DNR's website you can see what they've been doing to the lake to better it in recent years. Maybe this winter or next spring we can get together out there.

i have not cought any bass out of marion. oh ya and if u see a maroon(i think thats like purple isn it?) 1990ies jeep grand cherokee lerado with a shorelandr trailer, u will know im out on the lake.

Orchard has got to be my favorite south metro lake. Did very well there this summer. Those pads are loaded! lol did better there in the fall for bigger fish. In the summer they were all good avg. 15-18 bass. My buddy caught one big northern out of there too. Great lake!

Orchard has got to be my favorite south metro lake. Did very well there this summer. Those pads are loaded! lol did better there in the fall for bigger fish. In the summer they were all good avg. 15-18inch bass. My buddy caught one big northern out of there too. Great lake!

Thanks for the posts, looks like i might have to try orchard this year. How about crystal, i live about 10 minutes from crystal and have never ice fished it. Ive done pretty well there for tigers and bass in the summer. im trying all new lakes this winter because ill be getting my license in about a month.

where r u guys catching these and how? im fairly new to fishing (3 years w/ me having to teach myself & my dad) so that might have to do it, but i dont think that i haver ever caught more than one bass per trip there. any one want to hook up next spring/summer to show me how to catch em?

This is the one that my dad cought(no thats not my dad thats me tongue.gif) thats the biggest that we have cought there, and probably my dads biggest bass. He cought it this spring.

scan.jpg

There are some piggy's in that lake! Work around the reed beds in the center of the lake and use Scum Frogs on the Lilypads... toss them out and move them about every 7 - 10 seconds and let them sit, the Bass usually hit them when they have been sitting on or between the pads for a few seconds and it will almost always shock you when they hit... it's a fun way to catch Bass.

From the landing on orchard I've had my best luck in the pads to the left all the way down to the ones past the beach. I've had good luck with jigs and tubes.