• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gotta give the guy credit!!

woody1975

Arrived at the northwoods on Thursday about noon. Dad was complaining about a stomach ache. Went and put up our stands and came back to the cabin about 4 or 4:30. Started playing some cards. Dad complained a little more about a stomach ache and went to bed about 7:30 p.m. About 11:00 he told us that we better bring him to the hospital. Got halfway to Deer River and had to pull over. Dad was in so much pain that he got sick. The ambulance met us about 10 minutes later. Longer story short, Dad had a ruptured appendix and needed to have it removed. 7:30 a.m. on friday, he goes under the knife. At 3:00 p.m., we're on our way back to the cabin. He was in too much pain to hunt on Saturday morning, but he made it the rest of the weekend. I just wish he could've shot a deer, but I have to give him credit for getting in the stand after all of that.

Gas for trip to the northwoods = $75

Cabin rental = $200

Seeing your old man climb in his stand 30 hrs after an emergancy appendectomy = PRICELESS

That is a tough story to swollow. I am so happy to be able to get into the woods with my father this year. A year ago he was told he has prostate (sp) cancer. Well they told him to go the operation route first since if he did radiation first he could never do the operation after that. Well he did the operation first and of course he was in the 20% that it did not get rid of it. This summer he started radiation. 9 weeks 5 days a week! frown.gif He was really getting frustrated with it and it was really taking a toll on him and his self confidence and made him and my mother worry alot. The thing that topped it of was Loosing my 15 year old springer!!! frown.gif She stayed at the farm when I left for a new job and she became his buddy that went everywhere he went. When he lost her he lost his buddy that he talked to. We do not know if the cancer is gone but we have since got him a new little springer buddy and he is all rip ready to go deer hunting so this hunt will be the best time together.

Froggy

My wife had the same thing happen just 2 months ago...with one hitch...she was 7 months pregnant! Talk about some stressful times we have to stop contractions before and after the surgery as well as 4 days later.

Now here is the good news...she will be full term in exactly 1 week and expecting our second baby boy any day now. I am looking forward to spending many days on the water and in the woods with both of them and as for my wife I will be forever indebted to her for bring them into this world.

Just goes to show that health is the greatest gift we can receive. We will have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Take care!

Glad to hear he's doing better. Tell him he's alot tougher then I am. I'd still be milking it. You guys going up this weekend? If so good luck.

Good Luck with everything Froggy!! And as you can see I am a huge springer fan. Talk about a companion. They are like little 4 legged furry humans that can't talk. haha. Good Luck hunting and I hope all is well with your dad!!