• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Bobby Bass

Because it the best bait there is, will catch anything, like me. grin.gif

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

Fever has been my nick name since freshman year of College at SCSU back in 1993. I spose after Dr.Jonny Fever from wkrp in cinci... or maybe Dance fever with Jon Travolta? ( but I don't dance) No real connection what so ever though. So I still get called Fever which I don't mind. Kinda catchy and not too bad of a nickname. Fever for fishing maybe... grin.gif

Originally tried fisherdog but it was taken. The name is after my soon to be 12 year old white English Setter that loves to go fishing with me. Since it was taken, I added my baseball jersey # I had from high school all the way through pro-ball.

My name came from softball. They called me Da Hitman because I used to hit on every girl I saw. Glad I am married and the wife does not know.

wink.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Sitting in my favorite watering hole one night someone told a guy that fell of his barstool "If you can't run with da big dogs, go home and stay on the porch". A buddy stood up and hollered "I'm runnin' with Da Big Dog." and pointed at me. It stuck from there. Everyone that new me agreed, including my better half. (I should mention I'm 6'5" and around 300 lbs)

So when I registered here, I thought it would be appropriate.

I just borrowed mine from a Bob Cary book. I think the short story was "Opening Day." Bob speculates that his fishin' buddy doesn't have a walleye on, just a green weed shark.

My is just dumb and I can't change it now. I hope it's easy to see that the J is the hook. Just waiting for open water..

Lived in Duluth when I came across the website. Thought about all the Captain's that come through the twin ports....my initials are B.R.K

I thought of Bandit because I have 4 Ferrets at home, trust me when I tell you that if it is not bolted down, they will steal it.I have went to work without inserts in my boots more than once. I have since learned most of thier hiding spots, and to try and put my stuff out of reach. Which is tough since they can get almost anywhere they want to go. On the bright side they are alot of fun.

WELL I WOULD LOVE TO ICE FISH EVERY DAY, FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I JUST WISH I WAS BETTER AT IT grin.gif IT WOULD BE A "DREAM JOB" TO BE A PART OF THAT CREW. I THINK IT WOULD BE FUN TO FISH WITH THEM TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FISH BEHAVIOR AND WHERE TO FIND THEM. THIS IS A VERY FUN POST! KINDA INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT EVERYONES "OTHER" NAME MEANS.

West Point grad, it's what we call the line of graduates dating back to 1802. If you ever see a Crestliner with the name "Dad, let's go fishing", say Hi!

Quote:

West Point grad, it's what we call the line of graduates dating back to 1802. If you ever see a Crestliner with the name "Dad, let's go fishing", say Hi!

WOW, that is a long line! Thank you for your service and your dad, and his dad, and his dad..........

It's a code name for the great outdoors. Just kidding, I'm John and what tugs my line most often is me!

Got tired of being called a SOB. SOF sounds a little more respectable. LOL!

Simple. As much as i enjoy the FM forum, I'd Rather Be Fishing. Also a great bumper sticker!

Sitting on Round lake by Hayward a few years back .... early November , 35 degrees , sleeting and wind blowing about 25 MPH , 3' rollers @ 2AM - fishing Muskies with out a bite . Looked at my partners and said . We gotta be crazy .

I fish at our cabin on Pike Bay and it is in a Ranger Commanche. smile.gif

Midnight is a nickname given to me by a friends father back in the day. 7 is my old hockey number.

Matt

Quote:

Sitting on Round lake by Hayward a few years back .... early November , 35 degrees , sleeting and wind blowing about 25 MPH , 3' rollers @ 2AM - fishing Muskies with out a bite . Looked at my partners and said . We gotta be crazy .

Either crazy or an addict ...... or both! wink.gif

• 6 months later...

Quote:

Used to live on Ude Lake....I've fished under the Pierbridge

....have you ever fished at Ude?????

Nope never....and I usually don't fish under the PierBridge unless its raining....just up stream normally...shush now! grin.gif

is not mine obvious. i have a boatload of tackle i dont even use. But i look like a big shot for owning it

Mine is really stupid, in fact, two weeks ago I emailed the "powers to be" trying to change it without loosing my sign-on date. Guess it couldn't be done. I love walleye fishing (first part) Don't remember how I came up with the bee part-maybe "I rather be walleye fishing"..backwards-kinda.

My former Wife called my old dog Bubba, "The Riverdog", from a pup he was in my boat every time I was on the creek. A woodworking forum wouldn't let me use riverdog as a handle, taken, it was only logical that I became MSRiverdog as it was almost the only creek I fished, there were a few trips to the Rum but I spent most of my time on the Mississippi. Almost all of it today. grin.gif

311 - A band I like

Hemi - The truck I had at the time....now I have a Cummins!!!

The name was created like 4 years ago and is used on all the forums I am on...so I just keep with it on any new forums!

Quote:

Stizo... is short for Stizostedium Vitreum...the scientific (maybe latin) name for walleye.

Stizo

Gosh, I hate to rain on your parade but some time before you registered walleye were reclassified as Sander vitreus. You are correct about latin being the scientific language though. A lot of websites still say Stizostedion though.