• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Bobby Bass

Who do you fish with? FishingBuddy. Can some one tell me how to change the avaitior?

dave

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

Well once upon a time I had a really sweet Warrior Boat... had to trade it in for a bigger boat for the family. Its OK though because now I have a 27ft Sportcraft named the WingDing so if you frequent LOW... you've seen me on the water. I love to fish lake of the Woods! grin.gif

Bobby Bass kudos... great thread! I've wondered about alot of the names poeple have and why???

Some of these names have been pretty self explanatory and after some of been explained they make sense. Then again I am still scratching my head on some others confused.gifgrin.gif

Yeah I guess mine is pretty self explanatory also. It my name. I guess its because I have no imagination and others that I wanted were taken.

How many times a week do you think people ask me that? if you said all the time you would be RIGHT! smile.gif

Vermilion...name of my favorite lake ever grin.gif

fox...my last name. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Also a fun take on red fox !

I picked up my screen name from a BWCA trip into Basswood. I caught a 40 inch pike and my Pop tried to land it with our smaller walleye landing net. The big pike flopped out, and Pop yelled out, "he's out, empty net, empty net"!

Thus MT Net.

I managed to grab the pike and get a nice photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years back fishing on big winne out of Four Seasons resort with Joe Thompson as

our guide we had one of the Walleye bites of a lifetime and I kept putting on smaller jigs and

baits till I started getting Perch. The guys were giving me grief calling me Perch boy etc.

Till Joe called me Mr. Perch and it stuck. Probably because I am always trying to catch

Perch.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was out with a couple of friends trying to bust some trout in the south Metro a few years back and these guys were fishing with live bait rigs. I got sick of getting small fish and getting bumped so I tied on a spoon and started to rip that shiny piece of steel. I started catching some nice size trout and when my buddies saw the size of the fish I was icing they started to call me Jig spoon master, I didn't like that so I changed it to Jiggingjoe.

Tight line those girls and feel em shake !

Joe

cool.gif

SomethingFishy

My name comes from the fact that I have 9 aquariums at home. All freshwater tanks with fish from lakes in Africa and South/Central America. I also breed fish.

I also try to go fishing often, I prefer open water fishing but also am an amateur at Ice fishing. I think I would enjoy the ICE more if I had an ATV, I hate dragginn 70+ pounds of gear out.

I mainly catch and release.

i paint for a living but i would rather be fishing thats how i came up with fishingpainter pretty lame i know but im from down south no other southerner will go out on ice like me

I have spent most of my life fishing where there are no fish. Atleast it seemed that way. So no-fish-fisherman seemed appropriate.

I have been doing better as of late though.

My nickname given to me by my wife isn't usable as a handle (sh;thead) and the other nickname I have is so old it makes me feel old to use it - so I kept it simple and unimaginative and left it as my name. (Shawn M Murphy)

My name comes from my beloved boat. It is a 1998 Fisher FX-21 Bass Boat, and since my passion during the open water period is to Bass Fish, I went with my trusty and reliable Boat as my name.

fisher98

Contrary to the name "basscatcher", I'm really not much of a bass fisherman at all. I'm a fairly die-hard walleye man. But, years ago on a trip to Rainy Lake, I caught a hole bunch of smallmouth bass. Back in those days, we had cb's and once we got close to the border, we'd be calling for my grandpa on the cb. Well, the year after catching all those bass, my grandpa called me "basscatcher" as my cb handle.

I was about 10 years old at the time and to have a cb name was pretty special to me, especially since it was given to me by my grandpa. I'll always remember it, and decided to use it as my name on here, though it's not a true representation of the fish I like to catch.

The only fishing I get to do now days is ice fishing...so, I'm walking on water.

well being that i live in crookston at the moment and the red lake river is right in town and the mighty red river is close by we do a lot of river fishing. To catch the catfish we find the snags for the big kitties and I always get caught up in them and break off my snells. Therefore IHATERIVERSNAGS just seemed to fit. IT's a love hate relationship.

Well the name started for me back in 1995. I owned a fishtank maintenance service. At one point had 13 tanks setup at home. I also am a scuba diver and an avid fisherman.

So people started calling me AQUAJOE and it just stuck. It has been my screen name on the internet since 95.

• 1 year later...

My name is still the same but I see someone new was asking, So here is the string back for more additions..

in the spring of 2002 i met the women of my dreams and due to circumstances in her life, we moved to california. we are both iowans who have spent time in the bluff country of SE minnesota. we are awaiting the day we can move back to the area(4 1/2 years to go!). i'm a 32 year old guy who grew up on grunge and my favorite was soundgarden. there is a line in a song that says, 'i'm lookin california, but i'm feelin minnesota'. i thought that line applied to the way i've felt for the last 4 years.

thanks fro bringing this post up again bobby, it was kinda fun reading about the names i've seen in the last few months. cool.gif

Ice Fishing is where i get to spend most of my time on the water, and a Kawasaki Mule is my mode of transportation...pullin' the shack. cool.gif

Being self employed I'm always weighing the work i need to do against the fishing i want to do! SO i ended up always trying to find time to fish! It gets easer as you get older!! laugh.gif

it could be said I wasn't feeling terribly creative when I signed up...

but truth be told since the early days of the commerically available "online services" (back in the AOL/Prodigy/Compuserve days) I've mostly just used my first name.

Keeping it Simple,

Grant

Mine is a extension of my last name from my college/fraternity days at UND...people around just naturally came to call me that. It was almost jdubs as that's what Dad and family call me alot.