• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Bobby Bass

Used to turnamant fish for Eyes and never could stick to one spot too long. I am still paying for the decitions I made in my 20's. wink.gif Probably will, for the rest of my life!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

Carlcmc

carl=first name

cmc=initials

Used first 15 years ago when we got a tandy 1000 ex as our first computer. Wow, that sounds old already. I'm 29.

My second most common nickname online is Martineister (middle name is martin)

Well, some people say I'm always "lucky" (I prefer to think I'm just good, lol) and being "lucky" was not available, I misspelled it "luckey".

My Grandpa named his hunting shack up in Blackduck, MN, Alex and Jane's Bushwacker- There is actually a big sign out front that says that. My Grandpa died three years ago now after falling out of a tree stand bow hunting and Bushwacker is kind of a tribute to him. Now I am part owner of the property and there are 8 of us that go every year for deer opener and for fishing opener, plus about 15 weekends in between and we call ourselves the Bushwackers. One of the guys owns a bar so now we are acumulating a lot of custom printed "Bushwackers" promo gear.

My favorite place in the entire world is Lake Kabetogama so when I'm not working, I'm Kab Dreamin.

I have never been very trend-right. On a trip one of my friends pointed out that a scarecrow in the field was better dressed than I was...

The situation has improved only slightly as I have "grown up"

Many years ago Cedric Ceballos was playing for the LA Lakers (mid-90's). He went on the radio and told everyone that he was upset that he should be the Lakers franchise player. So Jim Rome started calling him 'chise. So since then I have made my internet id's da_chise with my playing number, 31. da_chise31. It's funny because Cedric Ceballos sucked back in the day, for those of you who don't know him.

Cedric "The Ice" Ceballos 1995 (what ever year that was) Slam Dunk Champion is how he signed an autograph for me!!! Cedric Ceballos classic!!!! grin.gif I never thought that name would be brought up on a fishing forum!!!!!! grin.gif

This one is easy. Agape, from Agape Fishing Guides. And Wayne for my dad, also a Wayne. But Ek... that's our surname, that's a differant story... Well my great grandparents came over from Sweden. Both great grandma and grandpa were swedish/norwegian and baby Eric (my grandpa) was... well... just a baby. As luck would have it the immigration official was also a norwegian. Knowing that this young swedish/norwegian child would probably have trouble assimilating into the culture and melting pot of the time, not to mention school (my god... the man had to be a soothsayer) he decided to bless this family with an easier name to remember and spell. To this day I thank my lucky stars that Ole was taken... Wayne Ole... just not getting it done. So he went with Ek. Short, easy and to the point. And for all you telemarketer's, IT'S EK... not Elk,Eek,Alk and on and on. And to think my wife said I may have to much time on my hands around this time of year.

I was out on Lake Michigan years ago and there was a boat named Fishin Magician. I thought it had a neat ryhme to it.

My initials to my name WWW. I couldn't figure out to get W to the third power/superscript so I just imagined what it sounded like and how to spell out w cubed. Plus that's what everyone calls me anyway! smile.gif

I have a couple of passions in my life. Fishing and Hovercraft. Actually, they should probably be in reverse order. Yes, I know, nothing should come before fishing, but my hovercraft does. So, my name stands for Hovercraft of Minnesota. My website is hovermn.com and my license plate is the same. It's sick, no?!

First letter of each faimly members name with the last letter being last name. But I need to add a k in there had a extra one show up blush.gif

(rcthd) soon to be rcthkd

Seeya

Rick

For 32 years I drove around being called Bear or Smokeybear by the truckers so as a retired Iowa State Trooper I became Oldbear..

I used to have a full beard back when I worked in a beef packing plant looong ago, so some of the co-workers started calling me 'wolfman', I guess I looked a little like Wolfman Jack at the time. The k is my first initial.

Esox= muskie and pike MN is minnesota, and MNesox was already taken. I also could'nt think of anything better at the time. Also know as GDS whith are my initals.

I starting using this nick back before I learned what cybering was considered on the net. shocked.gif (Oh the aweful e-mails)

But my thinking was:

cyber = I am in cyber space

Muskie = I love fishin' them ski's

Seemed appropriate for a guy who likes DC Golden Age superheroes, anything to do with water, and fishing. Maybe I'm a 'fish whisperer'?

Hey guys, I would think you got the PERCH part, and the JR of course I am a JR.!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

well i was trying to open a hotmail account a few years back and every name i picked was taken so i thought long and hard about a name NOONE would want and came up with shortfatguy my family laughs when ever they see it since i am 6'5" and only weigh around 200 lbs!

riverkarhu where do you live on the river?

Now that's funny shortfatguy!! LOL!!

Oh..and congrats on the nice buck you shot this year. The story behind it has got me thinking about hoofing it deep into the swamp in the area where I hunt.

zelek if you can find some highground that is hard to access i would recomend taking the time to check it out! it could pay off!!

My name came from my fishing partners they say that I'm a rivernut but that was already taken so I tried it backwards and got the handle, Tunrevir~

I guess my name kinda gives it self away.lol......Each spring I hit the st.louis river for the annual red horse sucker run......love the colors on those little guys and are so numerous you never come back empty handed!.... grin.gif....nice buck you got there Short!....noticed it on the other post!.....jonny smile.gif

I know what you guys are thinking............but you're wrong. It actually goes way back to my kindergarten days. Too long to explain. Just a couple of knuckle-headed six-year olds being knuckle-headed six-year olds.

mine is a nickname givin to me years ago, its close to my name konop. seems all of us back in the 80's had nicknames. and it was more important for me to have one since me and two of my buddies were named kevin. so I have stuck with it.