• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Bobby Bass

Mine stems from my passion for bowhunting and Goldtip is the only arrow out there that I have 100% confidence in and I will swear buy them. hence the name

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

My dad, who passed away due to cancer, would always bring me up to Ottertail Lake for my birthday. One morning when we woke up he just said ,"ROOSTERFISH". Which was my wake up call to get my arse up and get those eye's.

It is just another simple way I can remember the good times with him .

Now I am trying to start my own tradition with my nine year old daugter bringing her fishing.

First portable fish house I ever purchased was an Otter and I've never turned back. And then there was "Team Otter".

Part nick name that comes from part of last name and my old hockey number

Stems from playing N64 wrestling games. I was always the wrestler Psychosis. So i use to be Tysosys with a Y, but then golf and titantium made TiSosys! Been a nickname since before the computer age!

11 because its a cool number.

Im a rebel (in a good way)... I love Dukes of Hazzard... I love doing things myself as opposed in taking it in to a shop... If I think otherwise, I'll definitely speak up...

99 has always and always will be my number (Think the greatest hockey player ever, Wayne Gretzky)

21 is my son's birthdate...

Hence... REBEL9921

I do a lot of Pheasant hunting and use the command huntemup with my dogs at the start of each hunt or after a water break.

Out on a hunt one day I was a little slow getting ready and a buddy said, hay huntemup lets go. Now they call me huntemup. So I ran with it. grin.gif

P4130265.jpg

The name says it all....LivingTheDream. I'm living the dream (hunting and fishing) for the people that can't live in Minnesota.

finally finished reading the 35 pages here. really cool stuff. heres mine. been told i have a wild imagination but must of left when looking for a ode name. glenn57. my real first name and the year my mother had to start putting up with me.( my birth year). it was neat to read all the stories. for those that dont know, go to the womens forum, they have a post there that gives you the oppurtunity to give a brief background about yourself. also interesting.

Long story: Buddy and I head up to the arrowhead region every year for a trip and we made a pit stop at the Temperance River between locations. While there, my friend landed a good walleye. We didn't really want to keep it due to leaving and we noticed a large group of people fishing along the shores which seemed to all be together and were interested in our catch. We then gave it to them because they looked to be really wanting our fish. After this, a couple of their party started making their way towards our location. Shortly after that, my friend hooked another one and while he was fighting it, one of them jumped into the river near the rapids with a landing net and was violently swooping around in an attempt to catch a fish. While doing this, he turns with an evil grin and states "The fish are mine!" At this point, we left to our next destination.

Whenever we want to have a good laugh, that is all we have to say to each other.

My name comes from a trip down south to Oklahoma. We stay at a friends dads cabin and a few years ago our buddy Cole went down. The guys dad would not leave Cole alone every time he would turn away or close his eyes for a second he would say "Cole, your bobbers down" and he would look up fast just to see his bobber floating there. The best was when he wasn't even fishing with a bobber and still fell for it.. Good Times good times

I made some slip bobbers and gave a few dozen to fellow fisherman for testing - their response was, "thats the best f'nbobber" some meant fishing bobber some meant something else. Anyway, somebody thought that it was innapropriate and changed it to fmbobber.

mn = minnesota, hunter = like to hunt, 3 = dale earnhardt, 8= dale jr ,15 = used to be mike waltrip.made this name when dale sr was still around.

Man I have not been on for a while,but i am dying to explain this name since no gets it. Back at my first get together at forest lake,I think year before last.At the end of the day everybody got in a circle and deitz and the other fm,ers asked every body thier online name,we went around to each person and about every other person including my self said they would put a name up tomorrow,so i put in 2mar-oh.seemed funny at the time,but nobody got it but it's there.

Biff Tannen. I just think he is hilarious in the Back to the Future movies. Just the way he talks and looks and pronuciates things just makes me laugh. "What are you lookiong at, Butthead?"

I used to carry a little extra(ok lots) of extra weight in the mid-section, it's gone now but the name still fits. I'm not stick thin yet!

TPGjason well my name is jason and i used to be a photographer known as The Picture Guy

Named after my Grandpa. Wish I would have had a more clever name picked when I set it up.

I say "fishcast" when I call that I am going to get a fish on my next cast