• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Explain your name...

Bobby Bass

I am half Swedish and Half Norwegian, everyone calls me "Swede" so I meshed that with the timeless classic "Swedishpimple"

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• PierBridge

• sachem longrifle

• pascooter94

scooter is what my dad called me when i was crawling on the floor when i was a baby, new dad in 1994 so pascooter94

I am an avid archer. My name is Don. Years ago when the movie Rambo was popular a friend called me DonBo. It stuck.

pascooter94,

I was a new mom in '94 too! Not loving the teenage years so far frown.gif....

Lisa

Whats a better fish finder/flasher than a Vexilar, and marcum don't even come close.

An old guy used to call me catfishunter on the river back home, never had a nickname before. Wish i could change it to steelhead hunter this time of year but i still like the catfish.

Was easy, my name is Jim and I was 43 the year I joined. Now if I could only stay 43 forever. Hey Scooter, hows it going.

Guess its time to stop by for an oil change and see how its going. grin.gif

It's just my initials, and some people holler that at me rather than say my name. Don't know why because my first and last name combined are only 8 letters.

DD

Always been a fan of Benelli shotguns. Got 2 of them. 2002 is when I got this computer. Hope to upgrade soon.

hey jim, going great and yourself? cant wait to get the ice house and hit the ice, anytime for that oil change were open.

My three girls are my little bear cubs, in fact my youngest is Cub, I am not sure what her real name is anymore, and she calls me papa bear and my wife is mama bear.

By the way DO NOT get between a mama bear and her cubs.

Easy enough. I'm from Minnesota and my favorite character in the greatest movie EVER "Blazing Saddles" is "Mongo."

I actually have a signed autograph from "Mongo" hanging up in my office. LOL

CALVINIST is a Christian term. I am a calvinist because I belive in the "doctrines of grace", famously characterized by the acronym TULIP.

T=Total Depravity

U=Unconditional Election

L=Limited Atonement

I=Irristable Grace

P=Perserverance Of The Saints

Well, you asked!

Archery - my favorite sport

stud - self appointed, don't ask my wife since she would probably disagree.

Mine has a double meaning.

1) When I fish I dont like to be with the crowd, so I will be off on my own looking for wandering walleyes.

2) Well I get yelled at all the time by the wife for looking at other woman. So wandering eyes. I guess I do wear glasses, so 4 eyes would make sense also.

4wanderingeyes,

Geez! At least you were more creative!

I'm right there with you on one and two (I don't get busted so much though wink.gif) Right down to the glasses.

I went straight for the literal description of my personality. I've usually had a problem with putting roots down and staying satisfied with what I've seen so far.

I'm usually the one in the group that stays longer and looks further. Whats around the next bend? Over the next hill?

I love adventure and wish I had the cahones to live like Nick Jans (Author and Alaska magazine writer). I almost sold out to move up there to work the fisheries off the Aleutians and play on the tundra in the Arctic Circle.

I opted to stay here for family reasons though. I don't regret it, but still dream. Thats why I dig the Ely area so much. I guy can roam and not see the same country twice for a long time. cool.gif

well not to hard to figure out. I live to fish and will walk on water till the day i go to the big lake in the sky. my buddy has always called me hardwaterwalker but that was to long. bring on the ice!

I love sitting in my spearhouse frying vennie on the woodstove and waiting for a nice pike to slay! grin.gif

Quote:

I'm a fan of Common Man Dan Cole on KFAN. He likes to call people tough guy. It was the first thing that popped into my brain when I signed up. I am still listed as a newbie next to my name. I have seen others with fewer posts and later reged dates then me with better status. Not that it really matters to me but how do the titles change?

I'm happy for ya! I like the Common Man as well, and now I live in St. Paul again, which is a "tough guy town".

Anyways, I picked my name because chicks love it! Also, because fishy smell after a day on the water smells like success and happiness to me.

I play football for a flag football team named MIDCOAST...

It's not a well known team, unless you know or have been to the tournaments we played at.... But anyways, that is the meaning of my name. We are also from the Midcoast area as well. grin.gif

My wife and I had tripletts our first go around at having kids, (and last). shocked.gifshocked.gif So thats how you get 3 kids in 1 try. Its great I got 2 boys who love to fish and hunt at age 6, and also a girl who sometimes like to go with. (at least until mom says she is going shopping) smirk.gifsmirk.gif

Its the prefix of my first email given to me by Calvin College way back in 95, easy enough to remember and never taken. It is the first initial and first 5 letters of my last name plus 2 digits from my student ID.

I loved my Grandfather from the time I could walk he was taking me up north to Star lake by Dent,MN every weekend to go ice fishing and the man was just awesome big then life kind of guy past away when I was 14 year old. I have been an icefishing fanatic all my life that dosn't mean I can catch fish thou!!!Ps He always did !!!

My fishing boat is a old beat up duck boat and my father said one day "that boat's got soul" it kinda stuck so now the boat has been named soul patrol, since I am always out on patrol, trolling a metro lake or river.