• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello!

I have been coming to Lake Vermilion every spring for 20 years now and have always stayed at Hoodoo Point. I am trying something new this year. I have rented a private cabin on the north side of Birch Point - almost across the road from Lure of the Loon.

I need some information and I'm hoping that some kind soul will help me out. I would like to know a) will the kids be able to catch walleye off our dock in the spring and B) where are the best places to catch walleye in that neck-of-the-woods. I will be there from May 12 - May 21, 2006.

I know this is a long time out, but I'm really anxious about being on a totally foreign part of the lake.

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

BWard,

The area that you rented the cabin in is usually a VERY good spot for getting walleyes off of the dock during the opener!

Some openers the dock fishing is better then the open water spots! laugh.gif

All of Daisy Bay can be good for early season walleyes.

Trolling with Shad Raps or Lindy rigs & minnows or slip bobber/minnow rigs will all get walleyes.

Casting and dragging a 1/8oz or 1/4oz jig with minnows will also get walleyes there.

Good fishing!

Cliff

I agree-dock fishing, especially from the 90 minutes on each side of sunset is very good.

Also, lots of good fishing around there. The entire south shore of Pine Island can be good. The mouth of Caufield Bay or Everett Bay, Moccasin Point area, Birch Point, all hold fish.

The real nice thing? there wont be 100 boats like at Hoodoo.

Cliff,

Thanks a lot for the info. It's a great relief to know that we will be able to catch them off the dock in that area. Some places it just doesn't work, ya know. Thanks again. Do you have some info you could provide me with in regards to your ice fishing guiding. Any recomendations as to a resort in the winter / good fishing area for you. I'm thinking the end of January to early February. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks again!

Brandon,

The e-mail address that you are using will not go thru on my computer! ?? confused.gif

Give me a call.

Cliff