• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone know a good way to get around G.R. when traveling north on Hwy 2. I drive from Floodwood almost to Cass Lake and I hate going through town. Any hints would be great!

sorry but that is the most direct route through Grand Rapids unless u really want to go out of your way. But it won't save u time.

About my only thought would be a scenic route along the south end of Pokegama by going west on Sugar Lake Road (I think that's the name). You can wind around and get back on 2 west of town. I don't know if it'd save you time, but it's a nice trek. I always like taking the road less travelled.

If traffic is bad,sometimes its faster to go 1 block north of Hwy 2 to 5th St. It has 4 way stops, but sometimes you can miss alot of traffic.