• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wounded deer question???

e_dog4

About 10 mins before dark I shot a deer tonight, let him bed down for about 15 mins, then went to find a trail. Found some blood on the leaves and walked in a little further and found where he laid down and there was a good amount of blood. Here is my question, he jumped over a fence and went into Chesterwoods park near Rochester. I had already spoken with them before the season to let them know that I was hunting in some woods that adjoined the park on two sides, but when I called to talk to someone tonight all I got was their answering machine!! Will it be OK to wait til morning or is it too warm to the point that it will spoil ?? Not sure AI could try to track it tonight anyways though as there is a lot of woods and may get LOST in there????? THOUGHTS????? Thanks!!! E

I hate when that happens. It went through that last muzzeloader frown.giffrown.gif season. Only difference is that I lost the trail and no laydown and it was 20 below that night. If it was down for a while my guess is he may be not far from the fence. If it was a good hit the jump should do him in. My deer was still alive when I found him at sunup the next morn. Later found out I had hit a small aspen tree (2in dia.) before him. Good luck in the am. Next time wait a little longer before looking for him. 10 more min. and it most likely would have been still in the first laydown spot.

We're supposed to fall into the deep freeze tonight so your deer should be ok until morning.

Sorry guys,

I left a update in (Contact US Regarding This Word) but not here! I went back in the morning and it was hard to find any trail at all!!! A LOT of red, brown leaves I looked for about 4hrs with no luck mad.gif