• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

last weekend

I don't know why everyone is complainig about lack of birds, I ate 4 birds(2 mallard, 2 ringers) on friday, and kept these from saturday and sunday. 4 Ringers, 2 buffleheads, 2 geese,1 drake mallard, 1 drake widgeon. All from western Minnesota. There were many more birds in the area, easily could have had a 5 man possesion limit for the weekend. I have hunted new water every weekend to find new birds, scout in the afternoon, shot birds in the morning

P1010253.JPG

As of now I have a perfect drake blacduck, supermature woodduck, perfect ringneck and a red legged mallard with 4 curls for a dead mount. Still wating for my rooster and woddie from last year to ad to the 9 birds I already have on the wall.

With the exception of geese, the ringnecks and few mallards around have been here a while in west centeral mn. I did see 2 sections of migrating geese, but the few mallards observred were in a refuge. Only 2-400 mallards which is not many for this particualar refuge

I can't get out west so easily, heck I can barely find the time to get out locally, but around Buffalo I saw 2 ducks total in the air on Saturday morning. I've been out 3 times and have only managed to shoot at 1 duck..........and missed confused.gif I guess I'll try to head west more often next year. man this year is hurting me. low grouse, low ducks and I've been hunting management land with no pheasants. And I don't even want to hear you guys pipe in about all the birds out there. tongue.gif I think I'm doing the best I can given my time and resources. Oh well, it's still better than a day in the office and I'll never stop trying.

I ran into the local CO and he said that I have been doing better than anyone that he has checked in the county all year. I have had a weekend limit every weekend since opener. Canvasbacks, buffleheads, bluebills, ringnecks, gw&bw teal, mallards, widgeon, blackduck, gadwalls, woodducks... pretty much everything but redheads, pintail, and ruddy duck. All you need to know is scout-birds are in little ponds that they are not normaly in.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rivergroup
      Heading up to LV a week from today with the kids. Any advice for us? Staying on the West side but open to traveling if the weather permits.   The way the last few weeks have gone, might stay for good!!!
    • leech~~
      Do have Wi-Fi in your house. Your going to need that to work with any of the cameras that send a signal and video to your phone.  Hardwire is the best but battery power workers well for about two months then you have to pull them and recharge them.  It is nice to sit on a beach in Key West and keep an eye on your house when gone! 👌
    • smurfy
      SO.......you dont think the BEWARE OF WIFE sign is sufficient???? 😂😄   seriously.......i'm no help!!!!
    • Dash 1
      With all the craziness in the world I’m looking at getting an outdoor security camera setup for my home. Anyone have ideas on what works well without a huge cost  and easy to do . Or is it better to go with a company to set it up.  We have recently had copper thefts in the area at farmers fields and bin sites and I know it will only gat worse as these things always do. I probably want something that hooks up to my phone as well and wondering if there is a good one with either battery life or if wired is better. Any thoughts are welcome. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Aren't they the ones that ran into problems about illegal bait? Anyone know how that turned out?
    • chaffmj
      You launch on Moose Lake to get to the motorized portage. It's called Prairie portage. To get to the portage you put in at Moose Lake. From Moose you go into Newfound Lake. From Newfound you go into Sucker Lake. On Sucker is where Prairie portage is. There is a dock on the American side and on the Canadian side there is big sign welcoming you to Canada. Latourell's Resort runs the portage and the cost for the portage is $40 for a round trip.
    • mulefarm
      Will that blond haired kid have that cool little orange boat in the show this weekend? Saw him driving around by Muskego Point a few times this summer.
    • smurfy
      Hey  stranger!!👌
    • delcecchi
      Nope, there are parts of Basswood that allow motors.   Entry is from Fall Lake, and there is (I think) a motorized portage.   It is really popular in the spring...
    • smurfy
      had that happen last year on a lake. doing pretty good with sunfish till momma 2 youngins showed up........we moved!!!!🥴 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.