• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

True. But being that this is primarily a fishing website... there's gotta be someone that can post a report of a big fish. Any day now! laugh.gif

Although... looks like the weather has been a little screwy up in the Cass area just like it has been around here. Once we get a good week long streak of consistently cool/cold weather, someone's going to get lucky with a big momma (fish)!

Hey Mark,

I'll bet Brian is the go-to guy for your request!

Did you ever hook up together during your fall trip?

And about the big gurls...you goin' after one on Marie or Channel or Catherine?

I just put my rowboat away at my sis's place S of Dixon where I hunt gillies and LMB. It was a sad day, but it's all part of the cycle you know.

Good luck to you on the Chain.

Any of you guys see Mania and Gilespie last week on Leech. They sure did catch a bunch of muskys. Sure am glad they did not do a show on Cass, with Leech being so much bigger it can take the pressure. And Lord, knows Cass does not need any more pressure. Gotta keep our fishing hole secret grin.gif

Yeah the weather has been goofy but the fishing has been pretty good too...We are just starting to see the smaller ponds and road side ditches freeze over..But then they open up again with the wind and warmer temps during the day time hours....At this rate we won't see ice until January crazy.gif.. Hoping to hit Cass this weekend for some shoting and casting...Dosen't get much better then that!!!!

Beef

Yeah I was waiting to see Jones out there pitching for some "ski's" I thought he could make a new lure that would work for 14' waves....It was unreal out there, good thing we didn't have any ice so it would of broke up and refroze like the arctic...

Beef

Thanks for the reports guys. Keep 'em coming... even if they're not good reports! Still nice to hear what's going on up there.

Geno! So you stashed the vessel until Spring, eh? Never did hook up with Brian. We were up during the big Tournament in early Sept. so it was a busy time. My buddy Chris checked with him and he was busy guiding during those days anyhow.

And yeah. I'm still periodically flogging away in the Chain. That body of water treats me like a red-headed stepchild though. But like most of the other freaks... I'll be out there fishing it until the ice is too thick to break through at the launch. And then I'll be wading the lower Fox river casting for muskies! It's a sad story. crazy.gif

Mark

Musky Mark....I know this is the Cass Lake Forum, but does that wading for muskies on the lower Fox sound interesting.

What do you consider the lower Fox and how is this done?

Hey Bluegill Bob. I really meant wading the Fox River anywhere south of the Chain of Lakes. Typically from Algonquin all the way down to Yorkville.

Personally, I just started getting into fishing the river for muskies, and have had no success thus far. But I mean to turn that around this fall/winter/early spring. I know a couple guys who have done pretty well and I've done my best to con as much info out of them as I can to get started! I wish I had more information to give out... but I'm pretty much a novice in that area so far. Just going to start looking for more holes/riffle area combos, creek mouths, laydowns, etc. If I connect with a fish... I'm sure I'll blab about it on this website!

Mark

Hey Mark, that buddy of mine that I was with at the Pike Hole, Rob, works with a guy that lives on the river somewhere. He told me they sometimes fish after work for smallies,and do very well. The fish are there, its finding them thats the problem.

Musky Mark...Thanks for the reply. I know how exciting

catching a muskie from a boat is, I can only imagine

what it must be like catching one wading.

Keep us posted..Thanks

Hey T! That's what I hear. Lots of folks do pretty well for smallies up and down the river. I'm just still kicking myself that I've lived within 5 minutes of the river for 10 years and have only just started fishing it this last winter. What was I thinking?!! smirk.gif

BluegillBob. Having a big toothy fish swimming around your legs puts a whole new spin on it! It's a whole new ballgame for me, but hopefully I'll have something to report this fall/winter! laugh.gif